Home Unreal Engine

MaxScript: UDK Export

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
jocose polycounter lvl 11
I have been working with a fair number of multisub objects lately, I also work with groups a fair amount and have had problems exporting things if they weren't first detached from a group.

Also I use the 3point shader for everything and multisub objects wont export correctly if you don't use a standard material.

To get around all that I wrote a little script that does the following:

• Duplicates the object to make sure we don't screw up the original.
    Triangulates the mesh
  • Checks to see if a multisub is applied, and if one is makes a new material and dummy bitmap objects to make SURE that each material slot has a bitmap applied and then assigns the multisub material to the duplicate object. (this lets you use 3point shader in a multisub and then export it)
  • Detaches object from any group it might be in
  • Sets its position to 000 (this makes sure the pivot isn't offset
  • Brings up the export window
  • After you export it deletes the duplicate object which should delete all the materials that were created. If not they will be removed the next time you load the scene.
  • Deletes the duplicate object.
Mathew Lichy helped me write a good chunk of the multisub stuff. So a big thanks to him.

You can download it: here

EDIT: I updated the link. Things were not being removed from groups correctly, they now are. However, I had to use "
detachNodesFromGroup" which is a max2010 only command. So any version of max below 2010 is not supported by the script.