Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My character; Tiburon

BADROBOT
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
BADROBOT polycounter lvl 18
Hi everyone, I wanted to throw up a few images of a new character I've completed. Originally this guy was created as of of the two main characters for a comic book idea I've had since around high school. Well my career ended up being in video games instead of comics and since then, I've always wanted to do a 3D version of him. Finally got around to doing it. First, as a "test bed" character to get more familiar with integrating Zbrush into my game art pipeline, and finally as something I just wanted to get done for my portfolio. Hope you enjoy him.

017_tiburon_beauty.jpg

016_tiburon_constr_02.jpg

015_tiburon_constr.jpg

Replies

• achillesian
    Not much/any asymmetry, probably could've gone with a mirrored uv. Finger and toe tricount could probably be lower without noticing much/all. What is the final tricount also?
  • Der Hollander
    I dig it. Love the textures, really well done, lots of attention to detail. I'm not gonna lie, first thing I thought of when I saw this was: Street-sharks.jpg

"Jawesome" job there man. I'd love to see the steps on how you textured him, it's effing awesome.
  • Revel
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Lol...yea it also reminds me of my childhood toys, Street Sharks!..but wait, I guess yours one more cooler than Street Sharks..heheh..

My only comment will be, since you don't mirror UV for the body, why not take it as advantage for your character to make him asymmetry?..probably some scar going through his chest or something..Anyway great model!..
    Owh and like what achillesian asked, tell us the final tri counts!..hehe

_Revel
  • JGcount
    Hey - I really like this but as was mentioned? achillesian:

Since it's a symetric character, you could have easily mirrored your UVs and cut your textures in half(maybe even less since the head is so small)

Also, the base mesh, is that also your low poly or?

PS: Yeah I was thinking Street Sharks the second it popped up:)
  • madmuffin
    Offline / Send Message
    madmuffin polycounter lvl 7
    Jawesome! It feels more realistic then the street sharks, like his head is relatively proportioned to his body instead of his head being pretty much all of his body.

I like the sculpt a lot more then the final product, all the muscles and everything just pop out a lot better there then in your normal maps.

And yeah it could have used some mirroring or asymmetry, though depending on if/where you are bringing it into I've had problems with mirrored normals in Unreal and other engines.