Home Technical Talk

Normal Map pixelation?

The pixelating around the chest straps is my main concern. Dont know if it is a TopoGun issue but I have tried baking my normals with MAX and X Normal so it must be my inexperience with normal mapping. I have tried different low poly meshes ( by this I mean I retopologized the character without including the chest straps and then when the issue arose, I went back and followed the straps much closer as you can see in the "Max_lowPoly_render". this didnt solve anything dont know if there is a way to increase the amount of rays in Topogun but I have tried Cages changing the cage distance, still no dice. It seams like this problem is only happening where In ZBrush two subtools met (the body is one subtool, the chest straps and arm straps are separate subtools and the arm straps are doing the same thing. here is my work flow any help is much appreciated.

Work Flow: Detail model sculpted in ZBrush, merged subtools and decimated for export into TopoGun. Retopologized in Topogun, layed out UV's in MAX. Sent it back into Topogun for Map baking.

Replies