Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Daxter psp fanproject..?

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
Afternoon:poly117:

Just wanted to pimp something I've been working on for a couple of years.
Started out way back when Daxter for psp was released, and did some fanart modeling and animations in Maya.
Last month or so, I picked up the character again, re-riged him and put him into Motion Builder. Also did a quick enemy character, which was to 75% based on the same mesh and textures as Daxter :P lazy animator is lazy:poly136:

http://thatanimator.blogspot.com/

Got that blog up the other day, showcasing the animation work in progress..

Dont have anything new at the moment to showcase (got everything together Sunday, so whats up there is the newest as of now). So I'm thinking about uploading some old shots, and a Unity test I have.

Not really trying to make a full game and become a milionare hurr durr.
Just kind of want to have a side project to get my mind of the stuff at work (mocap realistic animations..no creativity), and maybe have a character run around an environment and beat/shoot stuff up :P

Sorry for not posting anything in this thread and just refering to an url, I know thats kinda rude in a way :poly141:
But I have most of the work on there, so I felt it would be more efficent to just have you guys check it out on the blog rather than flooding this thread with vimeo/youtube links :P

Thanks!:\

Replies

• cgmonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cgmonkey polycounter lvl 18
    Aside from the blog being a bit weird (no time stamps?) it's superkuwaii! <3

Looking forward to see some crazy ass animations!
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    That's cool man. I'm a big Daxter fan, even have an autographed copy. Hated those mini-games though.
  • Mike Yevin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mike Yevin polycounter lvl 11
    I love the camera movement you have on the "Maxter" animations, really pumps up the feel of the game. I can't wait to see what you end up doing with this :D
  • LoTekK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LoTekK polycounter lvl 17
    Love those animations. Really nice camera movement (especially that super jump), and lovely secondary/tertiary animation.
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks all! :)
    My girlfriend said she feels sick from watching that camera.. too shaky :P
    Showed her a clip of Gears of War and she was kinda "ah, this is good?" .. heh..I dunno

Cholden, thats cool! :) I only played the psp one actually..
    The minigames were a nice addition I thought! :D Im sure the devs had a great time developing them. creativity!! :)

Mike, I came as far as to get some early animations into Untiy some time ago..
    Can hopefully hook some programmer on this that can help me continue developing this a tad :P

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Igw-DAUabw[/ame]

LoTekK, thanks for the comments about the secondary animations!
    It's all handkeyed straight on the joints..to some extent, very sloppy..but I think that I sell it just fine in the camera hehe :)
    "what you dont see.."