Home General Discussion

New Box Build

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
I don't think I can wait any longer. The AMD Bulldozers wont be out till next year. Maybe I can afford a laptop with one by then.

Anyhow.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=12289891

Just ideas. LMK. Sounds like might need around a 750 PS to be safe/future.

Video Card will be mid to high range whatever choosen. Leaning toward ATI/AMD simply because better power/thermal efficiency and mo memory vs 400 similar priced series.

Can wait a couple of months if deals are around the corner.

Yes. We know the I7 is more powerful. However I do get more cores and a higher clock speed with the AMD. Hyper-threading are fake threads and not like having more than one cpu.

Replies

• PfhorRunner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PfhorRunner polycounter lvl 18
    As much as I like Lian-Li, the particular chassis you picked out leaves minimal room for your cpu heatsink, and may have troubles with the ripjaw RAM, because of the way the PSU is situated in front of the motherboard...

The difference in cost between the 30GB SSD and the 60GB SSD is only $30, which is well worth it imho.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
    K I will look at another box. Suggestions? Wants: Aluminum.

Havent decided if going micro atx so an option for one of those as well coolness. (Make sure it take a full atx ps though).

Any upgrades before xmas Video card wise I should hold off? Like say Nvidia actually dropping the die size of the 400 series? Really want a puter thats isn't overly TPD and energy sucker.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    I've been happy with my Silverstone Sugo 02 (matx) case for the past 2-3 years. It's small and takes awhile to install, but worth it. Def reccomend at a modular PSU however.