Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] – Sebastian Andersson, 3d artist

schebbe
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
schebbe polycounter lvl 8
Hey!
I am a student in search of an internship and just got my portfolio online. Would like to hear what you guys think about it.

I already have gotten some critique from a friend inside the industry.
*Pose the characters better, I have already changed the Orc.
*Optimize low-poly better
*Better character designs

http://sebastian-andersson.com/

Replies

• ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Nice work dude, for a student portfolio, this is really impressive! Should easily land you an entry level job, much less an internship! The portfolio site itself is well laid out too, no problems there.

Two things you could work on to round out your folio is a woman character, and perhaps a diffuse-only piece, plenty of opportunities still in studios that don't use normal mapping.
  • d1ver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    Hey, don't have much to crit here. Just wanted to give you a little confidence boost.) Looks more than great for a student portfolio! You might as well be looking a real job with it!)
    Good luck,man!
  • c0ldhands
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    c0ldhands polycounter lvl 15
    Nice work indeed Sebastian, you should apply to Tarsier Studios, see how that goes. Also good to get feedback on your stuff so you know how attractive you are on the market.
  • dansher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dansher polycounter lvl 8
    really nice work. i was wondering with your head sculpts do you use a base head mesh and go from there or start from a poly sphere or something?

cheers and nice work
  • Saman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saman polycounter lvl 13
    I like your art, it's very good for a student. You should however work on the material definition more though, that is the specular map. The skin of the characters look too matt and dull(especially the fat bald guy and the police man). The metallic parts have very little reflection so you should increase the spec on that too. You can easily increase the overall specularity in Marmoset toolbag just to test.
    Good luck!
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    Really nice stuff, really nice student-portfolio, you got some skills that's for sure! Were are the women though? =) I'm swedish as well btw, self-taught :) Though I started about 1 year ago, I got myself a contract job so I bet you'll have no problems!

Finding work as a character artist is hard though, there are a lot of great character artists out there. Good luck with the jobhunt!
  • schebbe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    schebbe polycounter lvl 8
    thanks everyone :)
    Yes I know there is a shortage of women :P I made one for school a while back but she turned out too butch :) But I am planning to make a female superhero for comicon challenge.

@dansher: Those in portfolio are from basemeshes. I have made some from zspheres before.
  • dansher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dansher polycounter lvl 8
    they are really good, iv been trying but always get stuck when it comes to doing the mouth.

im loving those swords they look awesome