Home Artists Looking For Work

Brendon Dalgado - 3D Modeler

bludragon
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
bludragon polycounter lvl 7
Hi. My name is Brendon Dalgado and I am looking for paid freelance work.
I mainly specialize in modeling characters, but I can do props for environments if need be. Check out my portfolio below:

www.brendondalgado.com

Feel free to contact me at:
bdalgado@gmail.com

Replies

• felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    felipefrango polycounter lvl 9
    I know you're not looking for criticism on your website but here it goes anyway. I've opened it the first time and it just stood there, completely blank. Any employer would've closed it right there, and I almost did it myself, but I thought I'd refresh the page to see what I was missing and I had to close it after trying to see one picture. Everything takes forever to load because of Flash and hoestly, you don't need it, you could EASILY do that with simple html. Keep it simple, show your art in a concise way but as fast as possible, don't keep the best stuff buried down multiple layers of information, you shouldn't make the user dig for it, people will close before they even try. You should give this article a read:

http://www.thejonjones.com/2005/10/07/your-portfolio-repels-jobs/
  • bludragon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bludragon polycounter lvl 7
    hmm thats strange, I've never had this problem when I view the website. And I used a website builder, not flash, so could it be the limited bandwidth space causing it to load slowly?
    Thanks for the article btw, that helped alot.
  • felipefrango
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    felipefrango polycounter lvl 9
    Hm, what kind of site builder are you using? It must compile everything into a Flash project cause it's definitely Flash loading here on my end. I admit I was downloading stuff at the moment so that was definitely interfering with it but potential employers could be as well, and having to load a Flash slideshow thing before any picture shows up can get people pretty crazy and annoyed. I'm sorry if I sounded harsh but you have some nice stuff there (I particularly liked your sculpts) and I feel you can present it much better without much effort, that's all.
  • master-mune
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I agree with felipefrango, your flash website is far too large for the average internet user/employer. If you don't have fast internet, it takes awhile to load. I have 135mbps speeds and this still takes a long time to load anything and i lose interest.

Simple portfolio websites are better unless you want to be hired for website design. Easy, .html pages with quick loads and can shuffle through your images quickly.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, lets try to keep these sort of comments to PMs, and keep the freelance section clean.