Home Technical Talk

PS Actions Question

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
leechdemon polycounter lvl 11
I'm a big fan of PS actions, but my biggest limitation seems to come up when I want to create an action that is size-specific.

For example, when I'm creating normal maps for junk textures in the nVidia plugin, I increase the canvas size 300%, tile the image, do my normal map magic, then crop it afterwards. I've found that my maps don't tile correctly if I don't do this, and the "Wrap" option hasn't helped me much (I think. Does this work for other people?).

Is there a way to use some sort of variable in my Actions? Like, in the Normal Map case I'd be increasing the size 300%, but it always records this increase in pixels, so if my initial action is 256x256->768x768, when I run the action again at 1024x1024 it'll again scale it to 768x768. Any way around this?

Replies

• Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    When you create the action change from pixels to Percent using the down arrow.
    Hope you understand what i mean, i'm not the best at explaining :)
  • leechdemon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leechdemon polycounter lvl 11
    I tried this using the down arrow to select Percent (instead of the drop down and clicking, I assume is what you mean?) and it worked. I tried it using the drop down as well, and... it still worked. WTH. I'm guessing this is something that they must've fixed in a previous version or something? Odd.

Thanks!