Home Technical Talk

3DS Max 2010 Uv mapping bug.

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Z3RO polycounter lvl 8
Hello guys I ran into a problem in max. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but its sure is damn annoying. Well here's the problem I'm unwrapping a model and in the UV editor all the edges are completely grey, I can't see crap until I zoom all the way in, is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Untitled-2-1.png

Replies

• tex_cookiedough
    have you tried right clicking in the window and pressing unfreeze all?

edit: snap, i misread.. nevermind :D
  • Piflik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Piflik polycounter lvl 12
    AFAIK, Max displays the Objects Color in the UV Wireframe, to make i easier to distiguish betwenn different Objects when using one Unwrap Modifier for multiple objects (since Max2010 methinks). If changing that doesn't work, ther might be an option in the 'Options' ;)
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    Yeah, I always thought that was pretty daft, at least give us the option to keep it one color, because I use black wireframe most of the time, because it looks better when viewing it in shaded mode with wireframe on. If they had to play with colors in UV, at least do it like XSI and give us different colored edges, so we can select a polygon and quickly see which edge belong to which edge on other polygons.
  • Peris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peris polycounter lvl 17
    Haha yeah I was annoyed with this one too <= black wireframe user
    Maybe you can turn the background color bright though so the lines become more visible again :)