Home Technical Talk

3DS Max texture help.

When I import an SMD (view model) it has no texture. I manually pick the 3 textures that the model uses, but I can't assign them to the proper places. How do I get them to appear in the right places?
I'm using wunderboy's importer, but I don't understand his fix for this. I really need help.

Replies

• CCNezin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello? Anyone?
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    What do you mean by appearing in the right places?

Assign the relative texture to each relative slot, assign it to the model, then click the 'Show in Viewport' button in the Material Editor if you want to see the textures applied in your viewports.
  • CCNezin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark wrote: »
    What do you mean by appearing in the right places?

Assign the relative texture to each relative slot, assign it to the model, then click the 'Show in Viewport' button in the Material Editor if you want to see the textures applied in your viewports.

Right, but I can't assign all three textures to the model at the same time. I'm working on a view model that uses 3 separate textures. I can assign more than one texture to the model by assigning the textures to the correct faces, but it's very difficult to get at some of the faces on the model, and not accidentally select the wrong face. It's very important the textures are assigned in onto the correct faces/polygons.