Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Jacks back~

admin
Offline / Send Message
System admin
Some new some old and most of it already exists elsewhere on the boards but what the hey. I've not made one of these threads since I joined so why not throw it unto you people again and in a bit more of an orderly format.

Crits/comments on content are always nice, although im aware of most of the bases I have still left uncovered... which shall be remedied at somepoint!

Hell, i could probably go back and tinker with some of these... alas i'd rather keep moving forward and trying to do even better things.

Moar stuff over on; http://jackwhat.blogspot.com

4908868249_e7129e9c34_b.jpg

4911083116_34683216d6_b.jpg

4908867189_3fa99f60d2_b.jpg

4910481003_65409a3e9e_b.jpg

Replies

• moof
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moof polycounter lvl 7
    Just fyi, developement concept sheets are usually more than just thumbs, and a 'final'.

It's usually a sheet full of designs, and variations.

Any truly 'final' concept is more about how colors, materials, and lighting work. Your goblin works, your NQW soldiers looks flat and dead. They should also have their own picture imo.

Thumbs for thumbs, designs for designs, final rockin picture on its own.

Also if your characters have an animated face, it's nice to show expressions.
  • Spug
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spug polycounter lvl 12
    I've always loved your artwork, great stuff. No crits, but maybe play wiht some different presentation types. Great stuff. :)
  • REKLAS
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your environment sketches show a lot of potential. It'd be nice to see a few of those finished as full color pieces.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Cheers moof, I totally feel you on those soldiers looking dead - I often find that when im aiming for something more portfolio-ish I end up doing these lifeless poses so that I can get the idea down. Emil was nagging me when i was doing the turtles to put more character into them - Those irongrip warlords are really great and I should really aim to have some pages like that!

I was initially gunna do the soldiers on a horizontal page and realised that to best use the space i needed some more roughs in there, i wanted to a really good finished design too - which i should go back to at some point to better do it justice.

Cheers spug, I wanted to keep it all presented nice and orderly but thats because im a twat like that, still.. something new and fresh cant be bad :E

Thanks a lot though, some info i need to take on board <3