Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

My island scene!!!!! WIP

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
sakechi polycounter lvl 7
For all of those who are in front of a computer but would rather be at beach.

island_wip_01.jpg

asset_island003.jpg

asset_island001.jpg

asset_island002.jpg

For full resolution images goto http://alex-leveldesigner.blogspot.com/

Replies

• Fireflights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fireflights polycounter lvl 8
    Better fix the "Plam" tree and "polyson". If you're saying "tris", I'd honestly drop the word "polygon" altogether.

The crate's top seems really deeply set...and I think the textures overall, on all of the objects, could use a lot of work. Why does the palm tree have a photo texture, when it's clear it's the only object that does? The wood grain on both the crate and barrel aren't very convincing...and neither is the rust, cork, or the mossy/mildewy bits. The mildew and rust textures seem randomly thrown on - try to make them more convincing.
  • raul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    raul polycounter lvl 11
    i like what you are trying to do. but the grunge and the style is so over the top. It makes everything look like one big wash. Fireflights pretty much said it all.

On your presentation sheets. Drop the grungy background. that or fade it out to the point where it cant be seen easily.

Do the changes, and keep up the good work!
  • vofff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vofff polycounter lvl 10
    the water looks like ice!!!
  • snow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    snow polycounter lvl 8
    This has good potential. I think your beauty shot up top needs to be reconsidered, you can't really see anything (I do get the idea you are going for)- or at least include a more close up.

Secondly, I'm not too sure what style you're approaching, whether it's stylized or going for realistic, but I think you're not looking at references either way, like the green splatters on the crate don't really make sense. Try replicate/stylize what you see, not what you think you see.
  • sakechi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sakechi polycounter lvl 7
    Thanx for the commits! I can see the errors in the textures and style, i am going to stick with handed textures. so back to worked on it.