Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

David vs Goliath

hey im starting a new drawing and just wanna know if it looks reasonably anatomical correct, also any other feed back would be nice, befor i start to flesh it out, so far very sketchy, just started, also i wanted the beast thing to look like hes like roaring but im not sure he does enough, if he dont tell us plz ty dvg.jpg

Replies

• Ihazard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Even though you said its sketchy you're sketch is VERY sketchy to the point that all your lines are rather furry, keep the strokes very smooth and long not short and scratchy. The pose is alright, but the problem for David is that Goliath could knock that sword out of his hand with one swipe, he needs to be in a more prepared and well balanced stance

This is from Marvel Comic's how to draw comics book, but it demonstrates action poses, so for Goliath to be roaring he needs to be in a very strong position where as he's in a bit of a weak one at the moment, same goes for david. Sorry for poor picture quality but it does the job :)

IMG_0556.jpg

Also maybe change up the angles? Side on is rather boring, maybe have it from behind goliath's shoulder, looming over a scared David, or more top-down showing the size difference off?

P.S david has a sling-shot in the story :D
  • cycrasx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol i didd say it was very sketchy lol (i draw with a mouse.. seeing as i dont have a working tablet orr a scanner, but david is not meant to look scared its supposed to look like more of a starting stance, butt i guess i failed, and yeah sidewards is pretty boring, im thinking about more of a low camera 45 degrees behind david looking up at the back/side of david and up at Goliath rawring.. butt no sling shot sorry, not a very literal adaptation lol plus sling shots are for panzies and Denis the menic.. who is a bad ass :D
  • Ihazard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    get yourself a tablet or a scanner, even if its cheap or something, I could not go back to using a mouse, I used to use a mouse for sculpting in Zbrush, but now I've got my tablet it's just incredible :)