Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Rogue One

Replies

• Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rogue One polycounter lvl 7
    Duncan - Thanks for looking over my thread and your kind words :) Helps keep me motivated! Also thanks for the feedback with paint over! Made things really obvious. I made changes accordingly the only thing I didn't change are the head and the legs the reason being that in the concept he has head and hips twisted slightly toward the camera. Also they way the legs are drawn I can not imagine how the would be animated so with that in mind I changed them slightly. BIG thanks again!

Moonshank - Thanks! Yeah your rite about it not being important at the moment but for will have it capped of for the low poly.

imyj- Cheers buddy. I just stopped my full time job so if its updates you want updates you will get!

katana- Thank you.I am a bit unsure what you feedback about the chest.Do you mean it should be stick out over his hard surface shell?

So I had a chance to make some changes which I think were for the better My camera in Maya will never match the concept 100% so am going to say it close enough.

With that being said I still if you see anything that look just pain wrong then please say. I am a little unsure about the arms should they be placed a little further back?

Either way it time to finish this guy and move on!!

newj.png
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Could not help but start something new even while I have projects left unfinished!! Just over 2 hrs for this guy. Good fun :)
    headsu.png

Might make a full stylized solider like one of these guys
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello. I ended up taking this guy in a different direction but may end up to a few variations of him. Still WIP Crits welcome

wipt.jpg
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another Wednesday night sculpt. 3-4 with while have some beers with a buddy. Good times

speedtc.jpg
  • Daven
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daven greentooth
    i love this sketchbook.
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Hey! glad you like it suburbbum

Been awhile since I posted anything here ( been missing PC ) ... but I have done a few things which I will dig out and post here soon.

Made this guy last night which was fun.I heart dynamesh!

derep.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and did this one awhile back after my dad said I only do monsters :)

seenoevilb.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Like the changes I made, going to work on the arms and hands next

nomerw.png
  • njc6425
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Loving this thread, watching other peoples progres is so much fun, also great from stopping my own progress haha. What programs do you usually use? more oven what is your general workflow??

I like the new head of the monster thing haha, much better, th big jaw small top head didnt work for me, this new design fits in really well. not a massive fan of the pelvisor lack thereof, kind of looks likethe legs are getting sucked into the body, lov the feet and everything from the waist up though. cant wait to see how he ends up :)

excuse any speling errors, need a new keyboard. haha gets soo fustratng
  • SSquir33
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SSquir33 polycounter lvl 12
    very dope monsters !!
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys loving the feedback and support :D !

I agree with you on all counts and hopefully I will take this guy to the end at some point. I just use zbrush these days. I mainly do it for fun. My workflow is nothing really. I start with a sphere or a basic base mesh and use the move brush till I find a interesting shape... when I see something I like I keep going and slow refine it into something. I never really have a preconceived idea but I usually is a monster or something evil! lol

I did this guy the other night and am not sure which one to take ahead to completion :P

65319204.png

derp

19073102.png
  • njc6425
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ooo i like the new bust :) very interesting :D could almost be like an alien priest or something, has that sort of wise man vibe (Or wise alien/monster vibe whatever haha). I like your freeform approach to it, more enjoyable (I more or less do that too :) ) i find staying in zbrush so much more enjoyable
  • lean
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lean polycounter lvl 5
    I got here through your latest post at the waywo. Man, I love the six of them! they look like different persons of the same alien race.
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys! :) I been playing round with different ways of quickly making variations from the same concept in zbrush. happy to share my workflow if anyone is interested. here is another set.

zbrushdocumentr.png
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    UNFINISHED WORKS; AKA MY FOLIO :S

will i ever finish

workspng.jpg
  • Del
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    Would be great to see some game res stuff man.
    You have some nice stuff, but you're just not proving that you could make stuff for games at all because nothing is textured and game res.
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Del,

I know that I need to make some of these into game ready assets and some of them I have started. My trouble is that I am unsure what projects I focus on and take through to completion so that I have a good breadth of project in my folio.

Any guidance or advice would be very much appreciated Del

Thanks again :)
  • Rogue One
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello everyone. Still alive been working on some stuff recently after a bit of a hiatus from posting here but will be more active in the coming months promise. Anyways here is something I am working. Crits are welcome.

3qhPZxM.png
  • torncanvas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    torncanvas polycounter lvl 17
    Rogue One wrote: »
    will be more active in the coming months promise.

You broke your promise :-/