Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Eriqua Character WIPs

AMC
AMC
This is my first post on Poly count, I heard you guys give great feedback.

Concept

EriquaHybridModelSheet.jpg

Front

2010-08-13_223212.png

2010-08-13_223136.png

Side

2010-08-13_223240.png

2010-08-13_223227.png

Replies

• haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    Welcome aboard :)

You may be adding too much geometry too quickly. I'd spend more time making sure the proportions are what you really want before going further with the clothing. Once you're happy with the proportions then I'd take another look at your topology on the head and the collarbone/neck area. I know that's kind of vague, but you want to make sure your polygons aren't being stressed and twisted too much.

At the moment, she seems very wide and somewhat masculine in relation to what she looks like from side view. She also looks like she's hunched over a bit, and her body in general is a little too stiff. I don't know what your orthographic images look like, but don't rely too heavily on just your drawings alone. I suggest finding some more references for your model.

The pose of her hands is pretty odd right now. I recommend straightening out the arm and fingers more to make it easier for rigging.
  • n88tr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Her proportions are rather manish. Without the breasts I might assume it was a man.
  • c0ldhands
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    c0ldhands polycounter lvl 15
    I see this mistake in every rookie artist that sets out to do a character. First off, before you even try to do your own character I would recomend starting off with a tutorial and just follow every step. I know its cool to do your own stuff right now but this is probably nothing what will make headlines in your portfolio down the road. Gather a bucket load of reference and jus try to model a decent proportinal and anatomic correct human beeing with a decent topology before you do anything else. Then you repeat the process a couple of times untill you pretty much dream just polygons and vertices.
  • Bakayoukai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bakayoukai polycounter lvl 8
    i agree with c0ldhands, you really need to re-work the edge flow around the mouth and nose area. The way it is right now it would not deform correctly if you were to animate it.
    I would start by watching this guys video, its very rookie friendly:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq86XWvJsiM&has_verified=1[/ame]
  • JimeeB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JimeeB polycounter lvl 10
    http://pig-brain.com/tut02/tut02_01.htm

Good tutorial for polyflow for low poly characters.