Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kaze369 polycounter lvl 8
    I'm kinds on and off with these games.

Mass Effect 2
    Jade Empire
    Prince of Persia 2008
    Final Fantasy XIII

There are some really good games coming out this Fall that I really want to buy. I just wish I had some money. :(
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    Prince of persia: forgotten sands
    Starcraft 2
    Red Dead

and soon Bioshock 2 which is sitting still sealed on my shelf from over 3 months ago.
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    Persona 3 Portable

It’s certainly and improvement over FES; perhaps I will finish it this time.

It’s cheesy as hell but incredibly fun and addictive. I only wish they would drop those Japanese honorifics; the look silly. Also, its soundtrack is hilarious.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9E3VR8Fnj0[/ame]

BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY BABY
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Just finished Darksiders. WTF. Last boss fight wasn't even hard. The platforming puzzles in the middle pissed me off, and I didn't know the Abysmal Chain could be used on growth.

Other than that, it was a nice romp. Got too easy with the combos though, even on hard setting.
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    Lamont wrote: »
    Just finished Darksiders. WTF. Last boss fight wasn't even hard. The platforming puzzles in the middle pissed me off, and I didn't know the Abysmal Chain could be used on growth.

Other than that, it was a nice romp. Got too easy with the combos though, even on hard setting.

Oh yeah, I did that too during the Christmas break and thought the same.

Also I played, and actually finished, Enslaved.

Thought both those games were really good. Which is very rare for me, to like a game so much that I actually finish it. Just no time these days. But those two were well worth it.
  • Del
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Del polycounter lvl 9
    ~ I don't play games.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    I think I will pick up Enslaved later. I'm gonna start Bully again for the 3rd time or jump in with Crackdown 2. My only beef with Crackdown is that I'll grind and level up my character to max before I start playing the game and then it's just me smacking the crap out of everything for 8 hours.
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    im just playing halo reach and starcraft 2 atm. slowly awaiting the release of brink, which i will play endlessly. :D
  • XenoKratios
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    XenoKratios polycounter lvl 12
    Downloaded Vindictus yesterday, good use of the source engine.
  • kaze369
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kaze369 polycounter lvl 8
    Bigjohn wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I did that too during the Christmas break and thought the same.

Also I played, and actually finished, Enslaved.

Thought both those games were really good. Which is very rare for me, to like a game so much that I actually finish it. Just no time these days. But those two were well worth it.

I beat Enslaved too. It's a shame that it didn't get a lot of hype. Original IPs are hard to come by. I think there's some room to build on the Enslaved world. I think if Enslaved was a little more open world it would've had more re-playability. Though it did have a great single player experience. This is kinda what happened with Mirrors Edge. I'm personally still trying to get through Final Fantasy XIII so that I can get it over with and beat the game.
  • Fliff
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    haha, I just finished Enslaved last night, I really enjoyed it, Ive had it since release but only played it to chapter 4 for some reason but started again the other days, Loved the artwork throughout, a bit grainy but really nice and the character models were sexy :) Just wish it had making of vids and artwork when you beat the game like Heavenly sword.

got castlevania to play now and waiting for my Little big planet 2 to arrive :( Still gotta finish Darksiders too.
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    I'm playing through Saints Row 2 co-op with my roommate again. I play as a 50-something hooker and his character is essentially Patrick Renna had he stayed fat into adulthood. That game is a blast[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CWiTRA7Nk4&feature=related"][/ame]!

I also picked up Arkam Assylam for 7 freaking dollars at a holiday blowout sale, so when I get a chance, I'll be giving that a go.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So backed up on games its not even funny. I think I'll need to take a 3mo vacation just to catch up. I want to finish boarderlands and all the extra content. I want to finish all the DLC for Fallout3 then play Fallout Vegas.

But for now when I get time to play its on the wii with my daughter in my lap, Toy Story 3, Epic Mickey or Mario Galaxy. At points it works well, at other times its like retraining your brain to use the right side of its body after its forgotten how... mostly she just wants to shake the controller to bash stuff, fly or paint.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Alot of Minecraft and I recently got back into TF2
  • Darth Tomi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darth Tomi polycounter lvl 12
    Bioshock
    Soul Calibur 4 with the peeps
    Gears multiplaya
  • fearian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fearian greentooth
    Well I have a list of 10 games from the steam christmas sale to play. (never mind the 10 other games I haven't got around to from previous sales...)

First up, I'm playing Metro 2033 and Prince of Persia.

PoP 2008 is a really lovely looking game with just fantastic environments! gameplay feels fun and smooth and it seemed perfect...
    Until I realised that the first 4 levels you play are essentially exactly the same as every other level in the game. Every boss fight is the same (bar the odd 'push him into the environment cliche) All the gameplay is the same and it's getting old. It's also very easy, which makes it a nice game to relax too as I swing about looking at pretty things.

Metro would be my FPS of the year for brilliant atmosphere and levels if the shooting wasn't so damn awful.

So, yeah two good games that missed the mark of greatness. I'm enjoying them a fair bit.
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    I was playing Dragon Quest 9, and I will probably return to it.

But my current game is Ghost Trick. Picked up a copy last week. So far it is quite good. The puzzles aren't terribly difficult, but are still quite fun. The mechanics of the puzzles are different enough to keep me engaged. It's been a while since I've contended with time-dependent puzzles. The art style for the game is right up my alley, and the writing is exactly what you would expect from the Ace Attorney team.

The in-game graphics are notable for employing a style of cel-shading that is quite striking. I am pretty confident that they are using 3D models, but the shading is so flat, and the camera is flat orthographic, that it is often hard to tell until the characters start moving. It often looks like a more detailed version of the vector animation from Out of This World. (Another World)
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    minecraft
    infinty blade
    load of iphone/ipad apps (research obviously if GF asks)
    genitals
    more minecraft
  • rasmus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RB6: Vegas.

That's right.
  • boyluya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boyluya polycounter lvl 10
    I just finished Assassin's Creed 2, now I'm playing Assassin's Creed 1. Planning to get AC Brotherhood when I'm done.

Oh, and of course Halo Reach!
  • martinszeme
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    martinszeme polycounter lvl 8
    Also just finished Assasin's Creed 2 and will be getting the Brotherhood soon. Lately been enjoying Battlefield Bad Company 2 multiplayer and Red Dead Redemption.
    Have to start the last Splinter Cell (should be fun).
    Been playing with my girlfriend ilomilo. Such an awesome game!
    Everyone is including The Darksiders, Enslaved and Bayonetta in their top 2010 game list, so will be getting them too (not the most popular titles, so dirt cheap now).
    Aaaaaand I am ashamed to say, but I still haven't played Mass Effect 1&2, so have to get through those too.
    Wow, so much to play.
  • boyluya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    boyluya polycounter lvl 10
    Been playing with my girlfriend ilomilo. Such an awesome game!

Yeah, so much fun!! Especially after a whole day of 3d'in, it relieves all the stress. :)
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dreamer wrote: »
    ~ I don't play games.
    Finish it...

Psst... "I make them".
  • xvampire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    I bought and play many ,,
    but none is finished ...
  • TortillaChips
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TortillaChips polycounter lvl 10
    Haven't really been playing games. I played Assassin's Creed Brotherhood over christmas but the only game I've played is a couple of hours on Black Ops with my mate since you can now play online split-screen.

I have to start playing WoW for a couple of months now though.
  • Ikuru
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vanquish on PS3 is really good btw.
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Darksiders PS3. LOVED the art style of the game. It is just all around beautiful to look at. Really liked the story, thought it was cool. Gameplay wise it steals from the greats like Zelda and God of War, dosnt do it as well but it is still fun.

Defiantly recommend people pick it up and check it out
  • daphz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    daphz polycounter lvl 13
    picked up FFXII again, i'm six hours in and having lots of trouble. and am really confused by the plot.
  • PogoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    daphz wrote: »
    picked up FFXII again, i'm six hours in and having lots of trouble. and am really confused by the plot.

Yeah! I never understood the plot... Absolutely loved the combat system though.

It seems that FFXIII was such a HUGE step backwards in terms of gameplay... Yet the graphics were mindblowingly good. Why can't they get it right any more? :(
  • breakneck
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    breakneck polycounter lvl 13
    a good dota map in StarCraft2, SotIS, is currently destroying my free time.
  • 3DLee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm still playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam whenever EA's servers decide to cooperate and I've also started in on my collection of STEAM sale games. I'm currently playing through The Witcher (very awesome, how did I miss this game!?) and F.E.A.R. 2 (much better than I thought it was going to be and pretty true to the original).
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction for when I'm hangin with my son.

Started Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition, but slacked off on it while obsessively plowing thru watching all of Sons of Anarchy!
  • Crash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crash polycounter lvl 18
    TF2
    ME2 (again)
  • rolfness
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rolfness polycounter lvl 18
    resubbed my aion acount...
  • Inpw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Inpw polycounter lvl 14
    Allods Online :)
    Can't wait for collector's edition with artbook.
  • vofff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vofff polycounter lvl 10
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    Currently bummin couches so busted out my trusted psp and playing Persona 3 Portable! Man.. I wish all jrpgs were ststill this good
  • shotgun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    shotgun polycounter lvl 19
    Chess @ yahoo! games, mostly. Anyone up for a game????
    Stalker CoP (again) as soon as this - http://artistpavel.blogspot.com/2010/04/mod-call-of-pripyat-complete.html - comes out
    Metro 2033 until then - as soon as i get a new vid card :P

Gonna check out Dead Space 2... 1st one was intense
  • Klumpmeister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am playing some Little Big Planet 2. They definitely know how to make cutesy characters. Hope to jump into the creator soon.
  • NoctyQ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Recently started playing Two Worlds 2! :thumbup:
    I don't really have time to play it that much but I already like it a lot and once I get the time I will finish it. Seems like fun.

Can't wait until next S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game comes out though... and Skyrim and The Witcher 2.. and.. and... :poly136:
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Bad Company 2 + Vietnam
    DCS: BlackShark
    GTAIV: EFLC
    Mafia II
    Nexus: The Jupiter Incident
    Theatre of War + Africa/Kursk 1943

I should probably finish Arkham Asylum soon, too...
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    DRAGON AGE IN ANTICIPATION OF DRAGON AGE 2 (Have to finish it so I can import saves!)
    Dead Space in anticipation of Dead Space 2! (Have to finish it on the hardest difficulty plasma cutter only!)
    and uh
    some half life.
  • Kewop Decam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kewop Decam polycounter lvl 9
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit.

I pretty much only play Hot Pursuit mode online which has to be the best racing mode ever in a racing game. Think Burnout, but 4v4 (cops vs speeders) with spike stripes, road blocks, helicopters, emps, nitrous... shit is intense!
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Legend of Dragoon. Had the greatest hits version for years but just now getting around to playing it. Pretty good so far, if a bit linear.
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    Sadly, WoW again...

Though the Rift beta starts on tuesday, and I seriously can't wait.
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Finally picked up enslaved and really enjoying it so far :)
  • Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Hey PolyHertz, I remember that game. (:

For me it's been Demigod and KillingFloor with friends, and Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga as a singleplayer RPG to fire up once in a while. Kind of addictive, really cool game. Surprisingly great voice-acting; NPCs with even just a few lines wind up being memorable.
  • Frump
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Frump polycounter lvl 12
    I've been doing lots of overtime at work so there's not much to do really once I get home exhausted (9th day straight tomorrow). Due to that I've been playing A LOT of DC Universe Online.

I haven't really liked an mmo or gotten into one in years. I played WoW to 70-something but never really enjoyed it. DCUO however, has totally captured me. Short leveling, action game-style combat, flying, running and grappling through some huge urban environments, great pvp, awesome art and fun customization. All of that stuff is fantastic; it hits all of the right notes for me and has a lot of really great ideas in it.

There are some things about it that suck: the chat, some parts of the interface, repetitive quests (made less repetitive by fun combat and quest lines all ending in an instance) but this game has a lot of haters for the problems it has.

I have been really digging it so far. A bunch of us at work have a League and we've been playing. Might even play beyond the free month. :)