Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Ryan Sanderson, 2010 Demo Reel

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
3DRyan polycounter lvl 8
After a year of work, it's finally done. There's some stuff that definitely needs work, but I'm happy with the result. Critiques are of course, welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/user/RySan21#p/a/u/0/mfThYDJJ3Cg

Make sure you watch it in 480P. :)

Replies

• haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    haha I was right it was Royksopp :)

Couple of crits. I think Pripyat scene suffers from blown out lighting. For a deserted scene, it sure looks bright.

For the Desert Straggler, you can blend some interesting variations for the ground cause the grass just seems placed there instead of actually growing and belonging in the scene.

For the gun, I didnt really see what the normal map did. I think the textures can be pushed more...especially on that underneath box and the barrel (why is it white?) Also why 480p...youtube supports 1080p now :)
  • 3DRyan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DRyan polycounter lvl 8
    Yeah, those are all the things I need to improve on, lol. Several people have told me about the ground blending, but I still don't know how do it. Link me? And about the 1080P, how would I do this? The file exported from premiere is 720x480. Not sure if it's a premiere thing or a youtube thing. Thanks for the crit!
  • haiddasalami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Well you would have to re-record all your stuff in 1920 x 1080 and export that out in premiere as 1920 x 1080. Pretty sure youtube just looks at the dimensions of the video and then properply scales that for 720, 480 etc views.
  • 3DRyan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3DRyan polycounter lvl 8
    Crap. That's what I was afraid of. Fraps lags really badly for me when I even try to do 720x480. Maybe when I get a better comp, lol.
  • Shiraz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good man, though I feel your lighting is letting some of your work down especially the Pripryat(spelling) scene. Take a look at some cool reference photo's to help you out with the lighting and it will bring your work out a lot more.