Home Technical Talk

Ogre: Realtime Shader Options in Max

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
oXYnary polycounter lvl 18
OgreMax and ofusion are the only two I can find. But Im looking for one that is. Yep, you guessed it free or cheap for Max. Realtime shaders specific to what Ogre currently can do. Otherwise would 3Point Shader or Xoliul's get me close enough?

Replies

• SpeCter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SpeCter polycounter lvl 14
    As far as i know this 2 are the only options to render out your models in max using the ogre3d renderengine.
    I think 3point and xoliul get you close enough.But that all depends on your material and shaderfile on ogre.
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I noticed a "technique" option on the 3dpoint shows PS3. Is this expanded in the full version and are there plans to represent more than one engine or platforms? (I.E. Ogre).

What does Rune do? Or they have built their own shader for max for their version of Ogre?
  • SpeCter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The option in 3point refers to Shader Model 3 i think(Pixel Shader 3.0) if i´m not mistaken.I don´t think there are plans in representing other engines except the realtime viewport renderer of max itself.
    With rune did you mean Runic(Makers of Torchlight?)
    You have to use the preshipped shaders of ogre or write your own in cg/hlsl/glsl for ogre.
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    I dunno how shaders in ogre work, I thought they have their own language for that, but that means you would be able to come up with something similar to mine or 3Point's shader in Ogre.
    If you plan on doing that keep in mind the 3Point license restricts you in "reverse engineering" their code. As for my shader: it's made for study so go ahead :)
  • oXYnary
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SpeCter wrote: »
    The option in 3point refers to Shader Model 3 i think(Pixel Shader 3.0) if i´m not mistaken.I don´t think there are plans in representing other engines except the realtime viewport renderer of max itself.
    With rune did you mean Runic(Makers of Torchlight?)
    You have to use the preshipped shaders of ogre or write your own in cg/hlsl/glsl for ogre.

Yep. Sorry Runic. Which used Ogre.
  • SpeCter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The you have to write your own material script and custom shader to get similar results.
    (you can look into the material files of Torchlight for reference)