Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] 'Musketeer' Char. Model & Anim

Hello.

This is my first post here at Polycount. I am posting on here under the advice of my lecturer, and also because I think critique should help self development a lot quicker than trying to figure out all of this on my own. :)

The aim of my current assignment is to create a 3D character, rig, and animate them. The basic constraints are, it must be a bipedal humanoid. So, after a little bit of sketching and pondering the thousands of possibilities, I decided to try and create a musketeer type character.

As of starting this thread, my current progress has been creating the basic concept and character sheet, and starting the 3D model. So for now I will post what I have done so far, and update as I progress. (That's the standard isn't it? :think: )

I've just started the modelling tonight. And I am about to work on connecting the arms to the torso. I thought I would start my WIP thread early, to hopefully get any advice on any "rookie" mistakes I may make. I would love any advice or critiques that you may be willing to share on any aspect of this project.

Thanks. :)

Concept & Character Sheet:

3DCharacterSheet02.jpg

Modelling Progress:

Musketeer3DModel2010-08-031-35.jpg

Musketeer3DModel22010-08-031-35.jpg