Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Walk Cycle Critique Strongly Needed

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9107888/DT_Walk.mov

Any also what do you think is the best exercise to help someone learn body mechanic?

Replies

• Taylor Hood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah, your from 11 second club =]
    I've given you a crit there, my friend.
    Good luck.
  • Tsukiyomi
  • James9475
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rather than do some massive post I'll just recommend what you should do.

Get a walk cycle from a game with awesome animation and scrub through it frame by frame in your program and work out what they're doing.

Additionally, you can grab a copy of something like Richard Williams animator survival kit and find the walk cycles drawn in it and just copy them till you understand why they look good.

Tell me what program you're using and I'll send you a file with an awesome walk cycle you can scrub through from half life 2 or team fortress 2 or something.
  • Tsukiyomi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    James9475 wrote: »
    Rather than do some massive post I'll just recommend what you should do.

Get a walk cycle from a game with awesome animation and scrub through it frame by frame in your program and work out what they're doing.

Additionally, you can grab a copy of something like Richard Williams animator survival kit and find the walk cycles drawn in it and just copy them till you understand why they look good.

Tell me what program you're using and I'll send you a file with an awesome walk cycle you can scrub through from half life 2 or team fortress 2 or something.
    I'm using Maya and I also pm-ed you.