Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] - Matthew Bradley, Designer

Hello there Polycounters.

I'd like to share my portfolio with you as I've been working on it for a little while now.

I know this forum isn't specifically design centric, but I've noticed you guys generally give out good advice regardless.

I'm very interested to know what you think.

http://www.matthewbradley.co.uk

Replies

• Giacomo X
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Giacomo X polycounter lvl 6
    I wish I had time to give you more extensive advice. Off the top of my head, however, I'd suggest:

1. Either produce a LOT more 3D stuff, or lose it completely. Right now you only have two pieces, which doesn't really give someone looking at it any sense of your capabilities.

2. I think the documentation needs to be MUCH more extensive on the four projects. I'd include as much visually descriptive material as possible- screen caps, videos, whatever. Except for the one that's an Uneal mod, I have *no idea* what the actual gameplay might be like.

Just my two cents. Hope that is of some use.
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    That race car is pretty cool. Everything else is like "huh?"

Note: after taking a second glance, I noticed those weird pictures were actually a splash to design docs or had more below them. Really had no idea when I first came to this site as it came across that were were doing graphic design and were just bad at it. Well, being that you're a designer, it may be worth while to design a page that makes sure people get that from the start. I'm confident a lot of people would quickly dismiss your page at this point the same way I did. Users really have to dig to grasp your design skills.