Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

POFFINGTON's works of late

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
POFFINGTON polycounter lvl 11
So I after a long time have finally decided to start posting my work on here. Here is some recent stuff I have done. This is a concept by BARONtieri he is one of my inspirations I guess you could say. So for school I decided to try and build one of his concepts in a 2 week period.

Concept

TAOG_BT_Steambot_Exodyssey_PARTone.jpg

High Poly

ren1.jpg
ren2.jpg

Lowpoly Wires

mb3.jpg
mb1.jpg

Final

mac2.jpg
mac3.jpg
mac1.jpg
mac4.jpg

Final fix. I made the diffuse less dirty to match the concept

mac5.jpg

These were all for one of my five classes. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot but need to learn more. Crits are more than welcome.

Rat! Also done is Zbrush using Zspheres (bleh) then put onto a lowpoly, and put into unreal.

jjjjjnnbvvv.jpg
jhgfrdebb.jpg

Fun Zbrush project. I need to make a low and texture it. I really liked this project. "Evil octopus needs to learn how to stay in his box.."

htwo.jpg
hthree.jpg
hone.jpg
hfour.jpg

Replies

• turpedo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    turpedo polycounter lvl 12
    Cool concept, Exodyssey has a bunch of neat stuff in it.

The edge flow on your low poly could be reworked a little bit. It looks like you have a lot of unnessecary edge loops in the robots legs.

Try to play around with the materials some more too, it looks like you've got the same specular going across the whole thing. Adding a reflection map could help it out a lot.

I would tone down the heavy overlaying of concrete dirt and scratch textures as well.

I hope this helps and great work so far, keep pushing it!
  • tex_cookiedough
    haha i love the octopus box =p great work on these