Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I hate zombies- current work

Got a cool gig recently, though deadline is a bit insane being the sole artist on the team but I think that's the way we like it in this industry :) . Here are the characters for the game 'I Hate Zombies' including 'hero' and the 5 zombies he will encounter.

The client wanted close to stick figures as if drawn "by and 8 year old bored in class" High contrast black/white. True these characters are already rigged and animated but that doesn't mean they're beyond critique.

Will also be posting the environment pieces as the come, would like to upload video but considering the rapid progress there'll be a playable version online soon since we're putting it together in Unity.

Meant for browser and iPhone

Any feedback is much appreciated.

render_pics_all.jpg

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Even though its suppose to look like its drawn by a bored 8 year old I'd like to see more consistency in the proportions, feet, and faces. They also could be a bit more zombie like, more bone and missing limbs.
  • Zotter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can see that especially for the missing limbs and such, would give good asymmetry to something that's supposed to be falling apart.

For the proportions, hands and feet too big, too small? Or were the proportions just off all around. Was trying to make the ends of the extremities bigger to offset the thinness of the limbs but that may not be enough to communicate it.

Thank you for the feedback. :)