Highres_Screenshot_00008.jpg

Highres_Screenshot_00009.jpg
My job was mainly texture artist and also handled placement in UDK and lighting

Replies

• PeterK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PeterK greentooth
    Hi P4. Congrats on finishing the scene, I can see you put a lot of work into it.

I'd like you to consider the attached chart in regards to your vegetation and underbrush placement. As it stands now, your level is missing "connective tissue". The transitions from one texture/object set to another is too stark.

You should consider a ramp up in both density and variation in all parts that connect to one another. A good example of this is the grass and the road.

This will give your level a much more "solid" feeling, as visual continuity will be maintained throughout the various changes in texture/models. Your trees would benefit from some scruff along the roots as well.

Cheers, and good luck on the project.
  • P442
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 polycounter lvl 8
    thanks, man. will keep your suggestion in mind for future projects
  • SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    i agree with peterK it looks like alot of disconected parts... clumping of small rocks and grassplanes around objects can help bed them in....as can...and this is even more imortant...your textures need to have blends in them at the moment they are all very tiled which is fine except the material looks too consistant right across large objects, there are ways of getting around this xoliul has some examples of blends in a rock textues... you could alos apply this to your tree trunks...

also some objects just like the huts need a wall texture that tiles horizontally and not vertcally so that you can get dirt from the ground drips from the roof etc...