Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

GE-U25B (TF2)

GE_RevisionPoster.jpg

GE_U25B_Revisited_by_selentic.jpg

GE_Colour1.jpg

GE_Colour2.jpg

For tf2, for those so inclined the files can be found here.

Feedback would be nice.

Replies

• ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice train,

can you post it in-game or next to the existing tf2 train? Just from these screens it doesn't look tf2 style at all imo.
  • JimeeB
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JimeeB polycounter lvl 10
    I think it's a pretty train, but it's not a TF2 train. Too modern.
  • selentic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice train,

can you post it in-game or next to the existing tf2 train? Just from these screens it doesn't look tf2 style at all imo.

tf2train.jpg
    JimeeB wrote: »
    I think it's a pretty train, but it's not a TF2 train. Too modern.

GE-U25B is from 1959, the tf2 train is from is from 1972.

Admittedly my photoshop skills are relatively poor though, so at the moment dirtying up the texture is beyond me. (which may be what makes it stick out?)
  • oobersli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    I don't think its too modern and it does look very nice. Only problem is that I think its too detailed and higher poly than what a vehicle would be for tf2. Although with work on the texture it could be fine. You might think about mirroring some of the UV's too.
  • Spur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spur polycounter lvl 6
    I think the U25B looks great. As a former railroad employee, I'll always have a soft spot for anything related to trains. The only things that really jump out at me with your U25, is the lack of an exhaust stack on top and lack of weathering. The TF2 engine also lacks stacks. Other than that I think you captured it really well. As far as it being too modern, I think weathering would help a lot. As stated above, U25s came along around 59-60 and were around for years. Most class one railroads had retired their U25s by the early to mid 80s. The TF2 engine is based on a GP38 which came about in 1966. Anyway both operated within the same time frame with the GP38 outlasting the U25B by several years.