Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Church Gateway WIP

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
gibson543 polycounter lvl 13
Hey everyone, I just recently picked up the student version of Max, and I decided to do a project to get me started with it. I have to say I like Max so much more than Blender.

Ok, it's going to be a simple environment piece, a Next-Gen church gateway. It's very simple so I thought It would make a good project for someone of my skill level.

Right Now I'm currently in the High - Poly Modeling stage

http://freetextures.3dtotal.com/index.php?iset=1448&pp= - These are my reference images.

churchentrancewip2.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us - My high poly so far.

Currently, I'm in the middle of using a noise modifier on everything to make it look more organic. C&C welcome

Replies

• cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Seems like a fair representation of the reference at this stage. So keep on truckin'

I actually use noise for the same thing. Recently built an old dock/pier, and every wood slat was a instance with a different noise seed. Kept things looking unique. As long as your setting aren't too wild.

What's the final presentation plan? Better say a real time game environment *shakes fist*
  • Pbcrazy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good mate! Can't wait to see some textures.
  • gibson543
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comments guys :)

cholden: It is definetly going to be a realtime environment. Gonna show it in Xoliul's Shader or UDK

Just finished putting a noise filter on EVERYTHING. It's pretty subtle but I think it works

churchentrancewip2.jpg

Sorry for the render being so noisy it wouldve taken forever to render it if I put the samples up C&C welcome
  • maxivz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maxivz interpolator
    Looking nice and solid, will keep track of the progress
    Good job so far
  • gibson543
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright hey guys, I decided to live stream some of this, and by watching, you'll see that im slow as shit. Im new to max and not that good yet and I'm not good at modeling shapes and figuring them out yet, so I want you guys to tear these vids apart. And you can notice I do get lots of help from another awesome artist, and I thank him for having to stay with me through that shit.

http://www.livestream.com/camoart

I'm actually thinking of putting this on hold until I learn more