Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

NWN2 Project

Shagret:
Images
Blog/Info

I have been working on a game project using the NWN2(Neverwinter Nights 2) toolset for quite some time. While perhaps not as ambitious or laudable as other endeavors here, it has become quite an expansive project and I'm looking for some assistance on a relatively small matter. Hopefully someone can help.

Background:
The game I'm working on is a single player, standalone adventure in a non-D&D setting(despite the engine rules being in that form). When completed, hopefully by the end of the year, I expect to receive somewhere close to 2000 downloads, so you're not entirely in the dark in terms of exposure. Not great, but better than working on something nobody will ever see.

Also, this project has considerable content already. I have a fully custom soundtrack(40+) and a 2D artist providing portraits and other UI alterations. Rest assured, you're in good company if you join.

Plot info is being kept largely secret, but I would not withhold any information from team members. I don't like 'spilling the beans' on a first post, basically.

What I'm looking for:

I need a creature modeler. In of itself, this would not be such a problem if NWN2 were not built with some unfortunate difficulties(see here, for instance). From the outset, you have to have 3DS Max version 4.2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 2008, or 2009--*NOT* a newer version. Unfortunately, this creates problems...but, it needs to be said now.

I need a fox and a deer, first and foremost. No new animations are needed, just new textures(more than likely no normal maps are needed). I can provide you with models to base these off of(the game has a wolf model, for instance, and slight changes to it would likely yield a fox quickly--and the deer I need could be based off the default deer in game). I would like to think that, as far as modelling goes, this is a relatively simple request.

If you're comfortable creating these creatures, then perhaps we can move onto some more complicated things(Hydra, Basilisk, Gorgon, etc). But, for the moment, I'll take what I can get and, more importantly, need.

Info you'll need:

Tutorial 1
Tutorial 2

I can provide you with the animation/skeleton files from NWN2. If you have *any* inquiries or questions, feel free to ask. I know this does not cover everything that maybe ought to be there, but I'm reluctant to show everything--I don't want to scare folks off with a wall of text.

(And, tangentially, I'd like to thank Polycount for involving themselves with Valve. I'm an avid TF2 player, and I cannot wait until the end of this week).