Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

[Developing] FPS game

Hey I've been thinking of making a game now for a while, and I'm gonna give it a try. I'm not a random guy who likes playing games and now wants to make some, even though this is going to be my first post take it serious.

About the game: The game wont have any narrative design which would prevent lots of works in documents and developing, this is the easiest way of making a game. Also its going to be an First person shooter, with some unique elements.

If you're interested in making this by reading the short description then you can reply here or PM me, if you got any idea's for unique elements then they are also very welcome, just don't post ideas in the open.

The game will be made in the Unreal tournament engine (unless there are other suggestions).

Graphics of the game:

The game would be in the modern style we live in at this very moment, no old weapons but also no plasma or something like that, I haven't decided yet if its going to be a war game or just a shooter, where its going to be (like Europe or west /east etc.) because that should be done if the team is selected, will discuss those details then.

How its going to go:

If you're gonna like it or not I will be your "team leader", there won't be any freelancing and if you made a promise you're going to keep yourself to that. I will make documents such as a game design documents, asset lists and game matrix's (and more) to keep you guys up to date of what has to be done and then later on by who.
We will be working with gantt charts to keep the planning going well and to prevent confusing situations.

What do I / We need.

I'll give a list of staff thats necessary:

Concept artists:
I need 2 or 1 active concept artist(s) to design characters.

I need 2/3 concept artists to design weapons (from melee to range to explosive)

I need 3/4 concept artists for making equipments (Further info later on but think of clothing)

I need 1 concept artist to design the levels

3D artists:

2 - 3 3D artists to develop the assets for the levels

1 3D artist who knows how to work with 3D, this guy will put the levels together (using the assets and creates environment)

2 3D artists to develop the weapons

3 3D artists to develop the gear / equipment.

Texture:

1 person to texture weapons

1 person to texture equipment

2 persons to texture playing world

Coding:

2 Very good Coders who use the same style of coding, i prefer c++.

We will be using a free forum in the begin to see how things are working out, work will be posted there etc. etc.

Programmes that will be used:

-For concept, anything you like but upload in jpg's
-3DS max for 3D (I know some of you use blender, but 3DS max is simply easier and faster with animating and modeling, so i prefer 3DS max but if you can export to 3DS its also good)
-Photoshop and other adobe tools for emblems and other graphic designs for in the game.

Even though I am the so called "leader" I see myself pretty equal to all of those who will be in the team, everyone should feel equal to anyone even if you know you're not as good as someone, if you have an ego you have to move it aside I DON'T want any complications because some lame argue about skills.

Interested, pm me or reply here, contact me on msn with rob-wit@hotmail.com.

Don't go off-topic in here, i'l try to bumb it if its necessary and hate comments will be removed (well, I hope they will).

Rob

P.S. (if there are any grammar mistakes or inappropriate language I'm sorry for that :)

Replies