Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci Fi Assault Rifle

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Oniram polycounter lvl 17
After finishing up my last gun, i figured id just go ahead and do another. The concept sheet i was using for the first had a total of 4 guns, and this was another one that peaked my interests. (http://swtor.com/media/concepts/imperial-agent-2 bottom right). I started on this gun yesterday in one of my classes.. just to pass the time. The work shown below is from yesterday and today. :D trying to get a little faster at this. let me know what you think.

as_rifle04.jpg

Replies

• Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    website is down apparently.. so i uploaded the reference. here it is:
    ref.jpg
  • n88tr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was gonna say it looked more like a rocket-launcher than a rifle till I saw the ref image.

Looks nearly done. My only crit is the sides look really flat, beyond the little screws and buttons. Not many curves in the gun beyond the barrel, that makes the gun look rather simple and one-sided I think.
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah i agree completely. i tried messing around a bit and making some interesting shapes to fill in to make it look a bit less plain, but once it was all done i think it may do fine with the texture.. hopefully. pretty much finished up the high poly. unfortunately this will be put on hold for a bit and i wont be able to get to the low poly for a while. started a new project. i guess this will have to do for now.

as_rifle07.jpg
  • Divine Rage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Without the grip it really looked like a rocket launcher, so I was hesitant te reply. My main crit right now is the edges of the main bodypart. They look way too sharp.