Home Technical Talk

Mental Ray. new lights don't show in viewport w/ scene lights enabled..

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
Jeremy Wright polycounter lvl 17
I searched, but couldn't find an answer to this. I've got this kitchen scene I've modeled and am ready to render, but I'm having a weird issue. The viewport, when illuminated with scene lights, is not correctly illuminating the scene with all scene lights.
  1. I placed some mr area spots in the living room, and in the ceiling fans
  2. enabled "illumingate w/ scene lights" in the viewport lighting and shadows dialogue
  3. I could see the changes the lights were making to the scene
  4. created a daylight system
  5. added mr sky portals outside windows
  6. Now, I've added some mr area omni lights to the scene but the scene in the viewport does not change, even thought the lights are on and do render
I'm new to Mental Ray, I've done a few exterior renderings, but I'm still a noob. Any idea what is occuring and why? All of the lights do render, but I have no idea what the image will look like until it's rendered

Here's the viewport with "illuminate w/ scene lights". You can see the spotlights but not the omnis.

no_show.png

Here's the viewport with "illuminate w/ default lights":

default_lights.png

Here's the latest rendering; it's srsly washed out (too bright?), and I need to get the lights in the ceiling fan to glow:

house_02_render.png

It may have nothing to do with the daylight system (I may have inadvertantly hit a shortcut key, I don't know). Thanks for any help.