Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Wonderland udk

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
kite212 polycounter lvl 15
i started an Alice in wonderland inspired udk scene, this little guy is going to be a piece of animal/plant life in the scene, this is just a test animation inside of udk to make sure the rig held up, i will have the final ani up as soon as its done

http://www.vimeo.com/13171455

and here is the grey box so far, its going to be a series of floating land masses with a tree/ root system connecting them all, will post more as i finish!
GreyBox.jpg

Replies

• BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    I think this is a great idea, and will be incredibly challenging. Good luck man!
    By the way, please post your reference images so we can follow. Currently I'm having a hard time remembering what the alice and wonderland scene looks like that you had in mind.
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    im not really baseing it off of either of the movies, more of my envisioning of wonderland, the scene is going to be rather large, starting with a door on the main island, the small floating bits will be connected with a root bridge, and there will be a looking glass at the top of of a bending tree that will be the end goal leading to another part of wonderland. most of my inspiration is from american mcgee's alice i am using this as refrence for the kinds of foliage that will be encountered, and the scale is going to be alice being very small
    alice-wall7.jpg
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    http://vimeo.com/13324164

here is the current state of my little bulb guy, now im going back to the level to flesh that out and finish it
  • MegaMoogle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MegaMoogle polycounter lvl 9
    Hey Kite212, your Freudian slip is showing! XDDDD
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    looks great, but the animation got a real repetitive.
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah the animation is not final, and they will be moving all over the level, i spent the afternoon making this shader, with tileing textures, and vertex painting to blend the dirt and the crystal, its plugged into a material instance constant to control the tiling for different sized meshes

Crystals.jpg

heres a better angle to see the spec better.

CrystalSmall.jpg
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    I like that you're doing more interesting things with your materials. Post some pics of your material editor. :)
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks, most of my shaders are pretty basic stuffs, but heres some screen grabs.

First up, this is the material for the base of my little bulb creature.

BaseMat.jpg

Second is the material for the actual bulb piece,

BulbMat.jpg

This is for the strings on the bulb, and parts of this are seen on the base as well.

Strings.jpg

And this is my rock shader, there is a param node missing from this one, for tiling the dirt with a mat instance constant.

CrystalShader.jpg
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heres an update at where im at, added some foliage meshes, placed some more of the land masses, added another texture to my vertex shader, the moss is the new one, so heres some shots, will add more as i make more

WonderlandWip2.jpg
    WonderlandWip1.jpg
    WonderlandWip3.jpg
    Rock3.jpg
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so i spent yesterday messing with some shaders with my roomie, here are some test wips of some of the materials
    http://www.vimeo.com/13526396
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    Crazy, I totally anticipated seeing a cube map in that material. It'd probably help your realtime appearence. A little fresnel wouldn't hurt either. :)
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    im actually not using any cube maps on those materials, i might put one in when the level is finished, and i do have a fresnel on the fluid material, its just very subtle, right now im trying to get the fluid to look like different liquid, like blood
  • kite212
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this will just be easier for you to get an idea of what i have going on, some nodes are extra from experiments, and the material is still a wip. and the stuff cut off at the bottom are just from the masks.
    FluidsMat.jpg