Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

oil worker base mesh

hey guys. I'm making an oil worker basemesh to sculpt in Zbrush. Can anyone give me crits on my proportions so far?

oiler.jpg
oiler2.jpg
oiler3.jpg
oiler4.jpg

I'm planning to sculpt in a tank top for him. And then I want to give his shirt some bunching up and wrinkles above the belt so I bulged it out a bit.

Anyway, I'm trying to improve my anatomy and understanding of this process so crits away!

Thanks.

Replies

• pliang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pliang polycounter lvl 17
    Dolemite, his chest seems a bit droopy for a well built looking oil worker, did you went ahead and modeled or did you find male anatomy schematics to build from?

Also, what exact type oil worker is he? His hard hat had me thinking that he's more like a miner, construction foreman. May want to take into account the gears that he would have and the more appropriate apparel.

And wires please.
  • dolemite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rig5.jpg

CBP0020997_P.JPG

200019298-001.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=6C4008C0FD9EB5A5F0D119AF395B2060511E548B04D3F507E4307E9FBD6C1EB1EC7C5022FB410D56

Hi thanks for the response. I was going off of images like these for the helmet and attire. I liked the more bare look since I was thinking of a guy in Texas or something where it would likely be hot.

I'm not sure what you mean by Anatomy schematics? Like diagrams of anatomy? I referenced photos mostly.

Thanks for the crit, I will go tighten up his chest tomorrow.