Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Martin Coohill

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Gooner442 polycounter lvl 6
Hi all,

I want to use this thread to post my CG art and traditional art and would appreciate any feedback or criticism... preferably constructive but please say what you feel!..

Just to give a bit of background info on me, I am a traditionally trained artist, through my degree I worked mainly in oils on large scale wildlife and portraits. After graduating I fell into architecture and learnt AutoCAD, then from that into graphic design... after 8 years of that I quit my job to pursue a career as a traditional artist. I soon realised it was an incredibly difficult profession and 1 year ago I made a compromise and started to retrain in CG Art. For most of that year I've been learning Maya but recently started a 3 month course on 3D Studio Max.

I've spent so much time on tutorials over the past year and feel well informed but I think it's now time to develop my own work and I hope that by having this 'Digital Sketchbook' it will push me and give me the direction I need.

My aim is to create an environment art/assets portfolio over the next 6 months, environment art may surprise some after looking at my traditional work but it's something I've decided on for a variety of reasons which I'll be more than happy to elaborate on if asked.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your opinions/advice/criticism. :)

Martin

Replies