Home Full time/Part time work

Hiring entry-level PC Game Programmers & modelers

Hey there, everyone. My names Ian Boswell and I'm the lead technical director at Motion 9 Studios- a game development studio located in Jacksonville, FL (though we also have studios in NJ, Russia, India, & CA and we will telecommute with workers anywhere in the world).

Basically I've been looking to conduct a few job interviews with various mod creators and people who are very interested in getting in to full-time game development jobs.

Long-story-short, we're offering full time jobs at competitive rates and all we really need is somebody who can help us to develop a few PC games. We've got a strong development team working on our Nintendo DS and iPhone titles, but we're really sick of the mobile market and want to jump into releasing titles on Steam, even if they only get approved as Indy titles.

We beleive strongly in the power of the modding community as well as the talent in people who may not have even tried to apply for a game design job before because they didn't have the industry experience on their resume. Well instead of looking for actual industry experience what we're looking for is a portfolio... an amazing portfolio. You can submit a resume too if you're really interested, but we'd like to find somebody interested in joining our company as a full time PC / Wii / Xbox 360 / PS3 or otherwise major digital distribution content developer.

We're taking programmers and modelers, though I should emphasize that we've got a lot of artists so you're more likely to find a job with us if you're a programmer. You can still submit your portfolio to be an artist I just wanted to point out that your likely-hood of getting noticed will be decreased. Experience with Torque 3D, Unreal or the Source engine is a plus.

Submit your resume to jobs@motion9studios.com

This isn't a scam. We'll be paying you based on a reported hourly rate. This is not a part-time position or contract. This is also an opportunity to get your foot in the door and earn industry experience. We already have 16 published titles under our belt with more on the way. If you want to know more be sure to check out http://www.motion9studios.com

If you are passionate about game design and want a career in it we are willing to listen to whatever it is you have to say. Tell us why is it that you think you'd be a good fit for our company, what inspires you, and whatever other information you'd like to about joining the Motion 9 Studios family. You can respond to this thread or e-mail us with any additional questions and I will answer them.

Thank you for your time.

~ Ian Boswell
~ Lead Technical Director @ Motion 9 Studios