Home Unreal Engine

Best way to export all meshes to udk?

This is just an example of what i'd like to do in the udk. in modo, i have all my meshes setup in modo how i want them. is there a way i could have them all exported and drop them in the udk and they be setup how they are in modo? the last thing i want to do is place EVERY mesh in unreal. i hope this makes sense. really, i just want to place the objects in udk for portfolio reasons, not building an env with it or anything. hope this makes sense. would really appreciate any help on any ideas for this btw.

Untitled-1.jpg

Replies

• Divine Rage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm using Blender, and the exporter is a bit strange at times, but when I export things, they have their origin in UDK set at world origin in Blender, so if I move objects away from 0,0,0, their origin moves for UDK. If Modo does the same, you could export everything like this, and import it at 0,0,0. You'll have everything placed exactly like in Modo.

Again, I don't know if this works for modo, and it's definately a bad practice. Modularity out the window this way.
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    It's the same for Max, so i suspect Modo ASE export should be similar.
  • Divine Rage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I find it to be quite annoying. Sure, give us an option, but objects already have their own origins, so what is this choice based on?