Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Elf + Plant

Hello guys!
I finished this model yesterday, and I would like to show to you. The character and sword together has 6.182 tris and 1 x 1024 diffuse map + 1 x 1024 opacity map.

elfaplantapinuja01.jpg

elfaplantapinuja02.jpg

elfaplantapinuja03.jpg

Thanks =)

Replies

• Vrav
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav polycounter lvl 11
    Interesting idea, but I'm afraid the green veiny stuff too closely resembles body hair. :< Does she wield that sword?
  • P442
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    P442 polycounter lvl 8
    agree with vrav. I think you can come up with something more interesting to cover her lady parts. Also, her feet look slightly manly. Also, I feel the orange color for her tree arms doesn't fit the overall color scheme.
  • butt_sahib
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    butt_sahib polycounter lvl 11
    Very interesting design i must say.
    The model and the textures look wicked. However, i dont like how you dont have any contrast/colour variation in her skin texture. You need MOAR! Go into magentas/red/oranges/browns and make her look that much better.
    Atm, it seems youve got a base to begin with (ive learned that you either do a base as such and then add some colour OR better, begin with dangerous colours like yellows on the forehead,red on the nose and ears,etc). You might think youve done enough with the textures, btu im sure if you go in and give her some more time, it will definitely be worth the hard work (im assuming this is a portfolio piece so the primary is to LEARN)

Oh and post up your flats! :)
  • Slave_zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slave_zero polycounter lvl 8
    I think the ivy- area and her wooden arms don't read so well when viewed with a little distance to it.

The ivy has some extreme smallscale detail which will only come out well in close ups. When viewed from a distance this ivy area will probably be quite blurry. I think this is obvious when viewing at your second screenshot in the smaller resized version.

The wooden arms have nice details but again viewed from a bit farther away you'll hardly notice the green plants arround them. Maybe consider to enlarge the green plants on the wooden arms.

As a side note: I think the model doesn't read so well on a black background, as the color of your plant thingy in her back is quite dark.
  • Pinuja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vrav and P442, hahaha :D
    I agree with you, looking now really seem body hair, I still don't have any idea how to cover this better.

butt_sahib, thank you for the tips :)
    Here the diffuse map:
    elfadiffuse3.jpg

Slave_zero, thank you for the crits.
  • Calabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Calabi polycounter lvl 12
    What about green moss, its almost made to fit.
  • JarlanPerez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think it looks very good. I like the design of the character its very interesting and different. I do agree about the small veins looking like hair tho. Leaves will be to. clich