Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Chemical Alia

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Chemical Alia polycounter lvl 7
Hi there. I've been meaning to post here for quite a while, and now I've found some time to share my work. It seems like a great community; I got some wonderful feedback on the TF2 contest, and I'd love to hear your thoughts.

After I wrap up a few side projects, I hope to finish up some of this stuff and concentrate on my personal 2d and 3d work.

Ferry_Street_corner_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

0840a3930b7a3eb6a81e13ae2b874d516g.jpg

Abandoned_Mine_Final_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

Abandoned_stairway_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

South_Side_Factory_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

Female_Medic_and_Hats_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

Female_Heavy_and_Hats_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

A new female Spy I've started working on:

Female_Spy_sketches_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

A practice sketch to help me get used to drawing in TF2 style for my projects

Engineer_sketch_2_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

Play_Soldier_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

Cosmonuts_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

8ffa7411b0575e89352c6bf564e75de36g.jpg

Quick self portrait:
Self_portrait_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

December_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

OH_HEY_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

Father_Grigori_by_ChemicalAlia.jpg

Replies

• AimBiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AimBiZ polycounter lvl 14
    Haha, freakin love the stylized ones and the other paintings are coming along very nicely as well!

Keep posting! :D
  • Bold Elf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very Nice work obviouse skills there :) What programs do you use?
  • SaferDan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SaferDan polycounter lvl 14
    wow this stuff is amazing!

well done! I'm in awe!
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    fantastic!

love the female medic, heavy, and spy! great stuff!! really cool renditions! the paintings are super nice too!
  • Chemical Alia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, guys, glad you enjoyed it.
    Bold Elf wrote: »
    What programs do you use?

That stuff up there, Photoshop and 3ds Max, with a little Zbrush and Crazybump.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Ahhhhh, major love for the female medic/heavy, and the female spy looks ace. Ihave no doubts that you will pull it off.
  • Bold Elf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, guys, glad you enjoyed it.

That stuff up there, Photoshop and 3ds Max, with a little Zbrush and Crazybump.

Cool I thought as much I tend to struggle when it comes to drawing concepts in photoshop so I use Corel Painter as it has a more traditional feel but keep to photoshop for my textures. How did you render your stuff with the default or did you download a script or something?

Regardless all looks mint still lol :)
  • Chemical Alia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bold Elf wrote: »
    Cool I thought as much I tend to struggle when it comes to drawing concepts in photoshop so I use Corel Painter as it has a more traditional feel but keep to photoshop for my textures. How did you render your stuff with the default or did you download a script or something?

Regardless all looks mint still lol :)

Corel Painter is an awesome program. I've never really been able to get too comfortable with it, even though I'm a fine arts person. Probably just because I have Photoshop techniques so engrained in my mind. 0:

But all my Max renders are just default scanline rendering, nothing special. The TF2 stuff is HLMV/in-game stuff, obviously.
  • STRIKER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    STRIKER polycounter lvl 13
  • Bold Elf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Corel Painter is an awesome program. I've never really been able to get too comfortable with it, even though I'm a fine arts person. Probably just because I have Photoshop techniques so engrained in my mind. 0:

But all my Max renders are just default scanline rendering, nothing special. The TF2 stuff is HLMV/in-game stuff, obviously.

Lol cool and yeah I kinda guessed taht about the TF2 in game stuff looks like th origional stuff well appart from them being female lol :)

Yeah I'm still trying to get the hang of rendering out my characters in mental ray but They seem to come out well so far hopefully my new 1 will look mint as I now have time to build his background to go with him :)
  • ngs616
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love this stuff!!

Father Grigori and the TF2 girls are amazing!

I really like the forms and colors in those cartoon drawings. Children (anyone really) would be very drawn to them!