Okay, I'm making this thread because I decided to concept a gun today, and for some reason posted it in WayWo. Rather than incite a shitstorm of flaming up there, I would appreciate redirection of your criticisms here!
First, these are some space dudes I tried to design a few weeks back. I have modeled parts of the male already, but mostly have been busy with other things, so that project is sitting idle. As such, any critique regarding their design is welcome.
I know it is irresponsible to do concepts without front/rear views, so if you just can't tell what anything is, don't bother.
I eventually wish to give them arms, with which they will wield space guns.
So, today I drew up this... whoops, I don't know anything about guns.
With a little help from my friends, it was able to reach this state...
A bit about the weapon:
- The piece you cock folds out at the forward hinge.
- Chunks in front of the trigger are batteries; they stack; here are two.
- Rearmost glowy bit is a touch screen, operated by thumb or offhand.
- Pumping the gun balances plasma/gas from the compressed battery to main chamber.
- Firing releases this gas, and the waste / exhaust is collected in the back, powering the gun's electronics.
- Amount of pressure can be set to trigger sensitivity. More batteries presumably allow further overall increase in pressure.
The main critique I am receiving is regarding the ergonomics of the stock. However, I have based it off a combat shotgun, which is more or less the same, save what I assume must be two or three vital contours - the "grip" curve downward and the shoulder bit being more square. Perhaps this is all it needs? I am open to advice. Thanks.