cryrid interpolator
    Looks rather 'meh' to me : /
  • aesir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aesir polycounter lvl 18
    *voteban Skamberin

I missed twisted metal. Oh so much :)

Played it obsessively with my brother. (tm2) Graphics are pretty brown though... Needs more colors.
  • doc rob
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    doc rob polycounter lvl 19
    Oh my god Jaffe, longest game mode description ever.
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    Where my Last Guardian at... :(
  • TheMadArtist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheMadArtist polycounter lvl 12
    Yeah, the infamous 2 main character looks like the result of too much focus group testing or something..
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Some partcile effects looks like a joke but for me this game appealed very very much. Probably a Must buy for me! :P

(Twisted Metal)
  • ENODMI
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ENODMI polycounter lvl 14
    Twisted Metal looks excellent!
  • arshlevon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    arshlevon polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, the infamous 2 main character looks like the result of too much focus group testing or something..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, focus group testing is ruining our industry
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Skamberin wrote: »
    Man I was always a Vigilante 8 guy anyway, not super excited

I wish activision would make a True Interstate76 remake
  • Slum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Slum polycounter lvl 18
    new twisted metal = awweeeessoommmeeeeee
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    flipping focus groups!!!!! thats why last year we had the most amount of slightly bald lead characters that all look the same EVER
  • PolyHertz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PolyHertz polycount lvl 666
    Twisted Metal ftw! I've been waiting for a REAL new TM game for a loooong time. TM2 is probably my favorite car combat game ever (didn't like TM: Black).
  • Ark
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    adam wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can watch the Portal 2 announcement?

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-portal-2/101562

Ohh...Source finally got proper godrays!
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    MAN, looking at my post history in relation to the E3 stuff, I've been WAAAY too negative. Oh well. Gears 3 stuff starts soon, will watch without premature judgement.
  • HonkyPunch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HonkyPunch polycounter lvl 18
    Twisted metal is great and all, but where's my Carmageddon and Road Rash?
  • Lord McMutton
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lord McMutton polycounter lvl 17
    That guy's still Cole, you know. He just has hair this time.
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    What the hell, they spent 20 minutes talking about PSN and PSP ads but couldn't show a signle scene from The Last Guardian? Sony, I'm dissapoint.

Damn, now I have to wait for 3 months.
  • EVIL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVIL polycounter lvl 18
    I was actually hoping for a carmageddon comeback, ahhwel, oh and no bf3 this year is dissapoint
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    So, pretty much this started kicking ass from the Portal 2 announcement forward.
  • crazyfool
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfool polycounter lvl 13
    That guy's still Cole, you know. He just has hair this time.

this is true and annoys me further. I really really enjoyed infamous and this new redesign has killed it for me. They've completely overhauled him, the only similarity is the name and the personality they portray of him is a dick head. ruined the character in my eyes and I dont know why they would want to do that? Cole never really had a personality before and was really quiet for the most time, and now I know why, because hes a douche!!!!
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    overall that was pretty decent, not mind blowing though. thank god it wasnt as awkward as ubisofts one haha. too many tv style commercials that felt like time filler though.

GT 5 looks gorgeous, killzone looks like killzone which I enjoy anways, and of all the motion controls move looks like it performs the best.
  • Snefer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snefer polycounter lvl 16
    Twisted metal, WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :D I played the first two games ridiculous amounts.
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    Kevin Butler was wasted. He came on stage and had a little rant, which played well and the audience liked it. And after that he leaves. They should have used him to MC half the conference. A little sad to see the best presenter at any of the conferences get under utilized.

As for the conference as a whole, it was very slickly presented, but very slim on exclusive content. It was especially slim on reveals. Just about everything in this conference was announced ahead of time. The biggest surprise was the new Twisted Metal game. At the same time, there was quite a bit of content that will please Sony fans. And I definitely liked what they showed of Little Big Planet 2.

I was surprised at Sony's initiative in aggressively pursuing exclusive content in cross-platform titles. This is something that Microsoft started doing with Grand Theft Auto 4. But Sony has stepped it up to the next level. It is much more likely that I will get Call of Duty and Dead Space 2 for the PS3 because of the exclusive content they will come with. I think this is a good move on their part. It gives gamers a tangible reason to favor the PS3 for multi-platform games, while taking advantage of their system's strengths. (much larger capacity discs)

I'm still ambivalent on the Move. I'll probably at least pick up one, since I already have the Playstation Eye. The price is certainly much more attractive than whatever Kinect ends up being.
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    I'm still ambivalent on the Move. I'll probably at least pick up one, since I already have the Playstation Eye. The price is certainly much more attractive than whatever Kinect ends up being.

Sony receives some points for its low price. At 30 dollars for the most basic version it actually might get some popularity. Kinect retailing at 150 is a ridiculous decision.
  • Joseph Silverman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    kain, *medal of honor and dead space. The call of duty (timed) exclusives are on microsoft's side.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    they usually perform better on microsofts too... not trying to start anything, just saying is all.
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    SupRore wrote: »
    kain, *medal of honor and dead space. The call of duty (timed) exclusives are on microsoft's side.

Ah yes. Slip of the keyboard there. I'm always getting Medal of Honor and Call of Duty mixed up.

I still remember playing Medal of Honor: Frontline back in the day. Having it as a bonus on the PS3 version of the new Medal of Honor game is pretty sweet. Having a Move-optimized version of Dead Space Extraction on the Dead Space 2 disc is also pretty sweet. I hope that Sony is able to further expand on this sort of bonus content with 3rd party developers.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I missed that about Dead Space, that's pretty awesome actually.... damnit.
  • yeman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wasn't Portal1/Orange Box on PS3 as well? I'm surprised they call that a surprise.
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i think after they released it there was talk from Gabe and Doug Lombardi about not going anywhere near sony again.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    And that its steam enabled, which is awesome, I wonder if its like the mac & pc game deal if you own it on one thing, you own it on both. I hope so.
  • 3D-209
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeman wrote: »
    Wasn't Portal1/Orange Box on PS3 as well? I'm surprised they call that a surprise.

Yeah, but it sucked. Valve didn't do the port in-house, it was handled by some EA team. Gabe talked a decent amount of shit about the PS3 hardware being hard to work with, thus the jokes about being glad they weren't punching him in the face repeatedly. Basically, they swore the system off and didn't want to let EA do the ports to PS3 for future games because they did a poor job and Valve felt it was a disservice to their fans. At the same time, Microsoft has been giving them trouble with Xbox Live. They want a more direct line to providing content and updates to their games and Live has complicated that for them.

Sony, on the other hand, is allowing them to work some Steam features (like steamcloud) into the PS3 version. So without taking back what he said about the PS3 being tough to work with, Gabe acknowledged that Sony's more open approach on the networking end was going to allow them to provide a better product than they're able to on the 360 (automatic updates, new content, etc. without jumping through Microsoft's hoops).

That's the theory, anyway.
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Yeah believe the port was horrible because they didnt like Sony's tool set for the PS3. Also learning the cell was a huge task in itself where with the 360 it was more of a strait port without having to learn a whole new architecture.

The redesign with inFamous is terrible, dosnt feel like Cole to me anymore. Not to mention the new voice actor. The last one wasnt great but this one seems worse.

No Last Guardian was REALLY disappointing cuz that brought no Shadow/Ico remake which I know will come eventually especially if they did Sly.

Rest was good though. I <3 Kevin Butler.
  • e-freak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    At the time the orangebox was released several issues had to be solved in order to get the version on PS3 done, one of them, that the Source Engine was still heavily DirectX dependend, which is ofcourse a straight port to 360. EA ended up doing the port, because they tried getting the share on the PS3 but couldn't make it performant or stable enough. With the Mac Port/OpenGL version of Source Engine I'm pretty sure it's a lot easier for Valve now to embed alternate rendering paths/console builds.
  • JostVice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JostVice polycounter lvl 12
    Portal 2 with liquid physics

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQLpU0T-Sow[/ame]

That looks like a great source update! I wonder what will happen to the PC version of portal 2 now?
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Sony showed more games that interested me than the other two parties did. But regardless, it looks like a lot of kick ass games are coming out next year on all systems.
  • yeman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, heard about all the shit talks Gabe had on the PS. I guess the fact that Gabe found his big ass standing on a Sony stage was a surprise all in itself.

Well, 360 or PS3 or Nintendo 64, doesn't matter really. Portal 2 has been one of my most anticipated game since the moment I finished Portal 1. Might as well play 'em all just for them chievos. There better be some moist proper cake this time around.