Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Work by Jonathan Fawcett

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
JonathanF polycounter lvl 13
Hey Polycounters!!! Here is some portfolio work that I have just finished up from a class. Got three props done in this 10 weeks i think its been.... Here are a couple of the final images of the lowpoly textured props I made. If you want to check out more on these with the highpoly, textured sheet, lowpoly wire sheets and what not, Go to my blogspot here
> http://jonathanfawcett.blogspot.com/

Comments are appreciated! Thanks!
4GuitarLowPolyTexturedsheet.jpg
4CameraLowPolyTexuredsheet.jpg
4HelmetLowPolyTexturedsheet.jpg

Replies

• dansher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dansher polycounter lvl 8
    that guitar is just beautiful
  • JonathanF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Dansher
  • roosterMAP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    roosterMAP polycounter lvl 12
    nice textures! camera looks especially good. :)
  • ivanushka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can tell that all of the assets are done with careful scrutiny to match their real-world counterparts. The objects on your blog - the gun, telephone, and grenade - read well, too. Great job.
  • duxun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    love the camera!!!!
  • JonathanF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    Pretty cool stuff. I love the guitar especially.

The camera came out real nice, but I think it could use a bit more specularity. That plastic is usually kinda shiny.

Good stuff man
  • crazyfingers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Top notch, one crit though. The green on the glasses of the helm is really killin' it, i think a dark auburn color, kinda like the color of the guitar would sell it better and it could use some transition in the texture at the edges where it connects with the rest of the helmet.
  • Rens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ey man,

Good stuff,
    There are some things you can work on and need to look out for, but that's for another time.

Now it's time to enjoy before you move on to the next piece, and on to make it even better :)
  • BradMyers82
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    The work is excellent. Great Job! My only crit is on the presentation. While its always good to cram as much stuff in as possible (no empty space), I feel its a little too cluttered. But I do appreciate you showing the various orthographic views. Just something to think about. Keep up the good work!
  • JonathanF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn - Thanks man, yeah I like how the guitar came out best as well. I'll keep that in mind next time with the plastic and the little bit more shininess of it.

crazyfingers - Hey thanks for the crit and comment. teacher is kinda picky about changing colors of objects from what the reference is... so green was kind of a must stay or he would kinda get on me with that. But I can see what you mean for sure. Thanks

Rens - Hey man! thank you! I actually really wanted to contact you about the texturing for the guiatar piece, cause I know you said you had some great tips for me on that. I got crazy busy with a big event we hold here in the Dallas area called Industry Giants. Bringing in some top notch visual artist from the film industry from Avatar, Alice and wonder land and some other great people. I help out every year and it was a crazy week trying to put my guitar together in time and help get things ready for the event.

BradMyers82 - Thanks man! yeah my teacher said I still need work on my presentation work. He said its getting better.... but still needs works. Also know this seems to be a some what controversial subject to many... But yeah, I agree with you.
  • raul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    raul polycounter lvl 11