Home Technical Talk

Environment help!

hi guys i am thinking of making a small environment scene but i have never tryed it before because i am more of a Hard Surface guy but i want to give it a shot. My question is a bit dumb but i just want to clear it, when making environment do i hand paint it in Max ore do i have to unwrap every building and then texture??
yes i know stupid question.

Replies

• SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    do it as you go make some quick tiles for the main surfaces, say a few types of ground tiling texture a wall a low wall a roof or ceiling, then start to add the trims and details, its amazing what you can get away with...

UV'n- i do this as i go aswell never as a last minute pass, depending on you workflow, env textures can easily tell you where to model.... for example got a flat boring floor made of repeating textured slabs, start to cut around the slabs and blend or extrude them into a sand texture...
  • Shogun3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    I second Shepeiro with Unwrapping as you go, especially with modular assets. I like to use XRefs and update changes to a master scene file versus instancing. Everyone has their own workflow.