Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

wip_occlusionof old industry

maddy
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
maddy polycounter lvl 7
The earlier post which I had was in gray render due to which I could not get your valuable suggestions. Now I had posted my new occlusion render images it help my friends to give me suggestion...... old link(http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73822)
wip_occlusion_oldindustry1.jpg
wip_occlusion_oldindustry2.jpg
wip_occlusion_oldindustry4.jpgwip_occlusion_oldindustry3.jpg

Replies

• dansher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dansher polycounter lvl 8
    wow looks pretty cool, you should add some warning lights to the walls you know the ones that flash when you hit the fire alarm or something like that, just to add some more detail to it

looks awesome as is tho
  • maddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    maddy polycounter lvl 7
    thx dansher for seeing working as u say there r some detail that i have to add i am working on it ...........:)
  • dansher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dansher polycounter lvl 8
    i was thinking about it and depending on how "old industry" your going for it might not have warning lights and stuff anyway
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    It's a lot of boxes and cylinders, but it looks like like a scene. By that I mean, literally all the pipes are unmodified cylinders, no transition pieces with walls (just stuck in there). The rails are boxes with no floor transition.attachment. All the i-beams are boxes, couldn't be bothered to hit extrude? Point is, get some references and take the time to model accurately. You'll get a lot more interesting shapes, and won't have to make the scene so busy to be interesting.

Beware of 8 sided cylinders up close. These break the illusion because all of your polygon edges scream "look at me!" to the viewer.

Secondly, these types of environments are known for their strong, weathered texturing. So unless you're going to model some unique centerpieces or much of anything beyond the primitives, you'd best get to textures.