Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio]- Barnstable/ Robin Bowles

Hello everyone.

I'd like some critiques on my portfolio. Any comments are welcome from the quality of the work to the layout, to anything you think I should remove:

http://robinbowles.daportfolio.com/

Most of my background is as a freelance illustrator, and that's reflected in the portfolio, but I just finished my 6th term (half way through the program) at The Art Institute Seattle. I finished an internship with a movie production company, and I'm looking to start an internship with a game company next.

The one 3D image I have in there is the WIP, that I'm currently working on.

Replies

• SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    looks nice, if i had your drawing talents i would be looking to 3d to suplement it not replace... maybe get happy with max maya sketchup to blockout stuff to use as a base for concepted scenes...
  • Barnstable
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks SHEPEIRO. I know my ability as an illustrator is quite a bit higher than as a 3D artist right now, but I don't want to be a one trick pony. I want to be able to move around to different departments inside a games studio, so I want to be more than competent in many different areas.

Honestly, I'd love to do concept work, but It's supposed to be so hard to break into that area in a games studio, that I figure I might as well break in doing something else. I love every area of game art I've tried anyway.
  • Barnstable
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Any other thoughts from anyone on my portfolio or work? Should I change the drawing on the home page in exchange for one of my other drawings?