Home Contests & Challenges Archives

TF2 - Polypack - Remmers

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Remmers polycounter lvl 7
Sup guys,

I had some cool themes in mind, but like all of them had troubles with the clownsuit rule for the heavy...:S
After seeing some old school 1950 advertisments (TF2 time), I came up with the idea to make a retro sci-fi/space theme for the scout!

I started with the headpiece ( since I wanna save the uber lazergunz for later xD)

As you can see I kept a little of his "cap" reference in the retro space helmet.
Tell me what you think.
29qmpmv.jpg
64012e.jpg
2ngcxt1.jpg

Reference:
0511-0908-0320-5253_Retro_Space_Woman__clipart_image.jpg

Replies

• AAA_BATTERY
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i dont mean to sound like a downer, but, i think sci-fi, uber lazor guns, and space helmets fall under the heavy clown category as well. i think this theme can be pulled off, but their would only be one right way of doing it, and 10,000 wrong ways.
  • Karkasmolenklok
    i dont mean to sound like a downer, but, i think sci-fi, uber lazor guns, and space helmets fall under the heavy clown category as well. i think this theme can be pulled off, but their would only be one right way of doing it, and 10,000 wrong ways.
    Technically, retro sci-fi is already part of the TF2 theme. Take maps like Nucleus, or the death-ray on top of point 3 in Gravel Pit.
  • Remmers
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Remmers polycounter lvl 7
    Technically, retro sci-fi is already part of the TF2 theme. Take maps like Nucleus, or the death-ray on top of point 3 in Gravel Pit.

Yes, on top of that. In the 50's were the first space travellers in space. With that new stories and drawings were made for "retro" space equipment. That's why I think this theme is gonna work. I agree that there are alot of wrong ways to make a set for this, but that's my part :p