Home Artists Looking For Work

need programmer

Looking for programmer who knows javascript or c# for programing in unity for the release of unity 3 i will pay for each script he will do please contact me at smiljan66@yahoo.es
tahnks

Replies

• smiljan66
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Need for now two things character creation script like age of conan so i can for example pull the characters jaw , ears etc an play with the character taht i customize and script for quests ,taht mean dialog window etc , i saw one script for character creation in unity but this character creation is a little bit more complex , so you can start by there how much will cost me the two things start bidding give me a good price and we can make it happend.
  • podperson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Character Creation

What you're asking for is pretty involved and would also entail planning the design of the models pretty carefully before much code was written. In the simplest case you'd essentially have a bunch of bones in your character's head and customization would proceed by adjusting the weights, positions, scales, etc. of those bones (AFAIK Unity3D doesn't handle morph targets yet -- this is a much requested feature).

While I'm on the topic, it's perfectly viable to handle morph targets directly by simply interpolating between sets of meshes (which is how they work anyway) and since very little else would be going on at the time, performance wouldn't be a huge deal... but my point is:

You need some kind of big picture design and content model for this thing before you can jump to "I want a script that does this". I hope this helps...

For my part, it sounds like a moderately challenging piece of work.

Quests

OK this is a huge can of worms. If you want a World of Warcraft-style quest dialog box that pops up on the screen and lets you read text, agree to a quest, or pick a reward -- that's easy. (As in, something I could knock together in a couple of hours.)

But the logic behind it could be ferociously complex. E.g. just consider picking a reward (do you want the sword, the axe, or the bow?) Am I pulling an item from an item database which has a full representation system for all the objects available in the game world? How does that all work?

If you're going to implement an RPG-style quest system -- aim high, and do something like BioWare's quest system (which allows conversation, branching, and animations tied to conversation elements, etc.). This is also the quest system that's going to be in the Old Republic MMO.