Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci-Fi Pillar WIP

This is a work in progress for a portfolio piece I'm doing. Let me know what you think.

Sci-Fi_Pillar_Side.jpg

Sci-Fi_Pillar_CloseUp.jpg

Sci-Fi_Pillar.jpg

Replies

• SHEPEIRO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SHEPEIRO polycounter lvl 17
    its ok but...

silohettes a wee bit boring stick a black material on it and add some interest...

the forms and details arnt balanced...you have tiny details in the middle of big forms...think about adding medium details and clustering them more
  • Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    referencing the second (and third) shot: the border that goes around the main part of the front of the pillar seems a bit too soft. it could be due to the fact that it goes in so many different directions. try and make that outline a bit more simple instead of having the curves. what you're doing is putting hard edges on curves which makes it look like it isnt a hard edge when it is. stick to nice uniform 30 60 90 degree angles for the most part, and anything that has curvature to it, commit it to just curvature (like the bottom piece). its coming along though. keep at it, and just add more detail.
  • maze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I Agree with Shepeiro, I also feel there is some balance issues that need to be fixed (small / big masses). Also I have the impression that some of the ( big ) pieces are floating, like not really assembled to the main piece.

you can probably play with some custom pieces, like attachments of some sort and then make them follow the shape with path deform to make the overall more cohesive. Hope this helps a bit!