Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hi newbie to this stuff

Can anyone introduce me to modeling and show me what i can get to model pc games. :)

Replies

• PhattyEwok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PhattyEwok polycounter lvl 9
    Hey nice to see ya here I would suggest though that before you post in P&P that you have something to show.

To get started check out the polycount wiki and technical talk section till than

CHEERS!:thumbup:

-edit-
    lol so yeah bad on me for mis-readding the post. You can get a student license from autodesk for 3ds max and blender is also a free alternative
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    PhattyEwok is correct, Pimp and Previews are for showing your models only. If you intend to ask for intel or if you wish to discuss anything, there is a General Discussion section of the forum you can go to and create the thread(s).

Anyways, since that is out of the way.

If you are new to the 3d modeling part I'd suggest you should start with 2d sketchs of your models, traditionally. This will save you in a long run and you will get to see how the anatomy works in many characters before you get yourself in to the actual 3d.

There are 3d modeling tools for free that you can learn.

Blender is one of the good modeling tool, which is easy.
    3ds max and Maya can be downloaded from the website ZacD provided, but they have a license of 12 months.
    SoftImage XSI is a free to learn 3d modeling tool you will get at the very same website.

Polycount Wiki is the website you can learn the modeling from.
    Other one that I use to learn and doodle in 3d tools is.

www.cglearning.com
    www.Digitaltutors.com

Welcome to the Polycount, here you will find the modeling needs along with crits, tips and suggestions. :)
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I don't know the exact autodesk policy on the software, but >free< programs that are the most used in the industry, even if its only a year, are definitely worth it.