Home Technical Talk

Game Character Modeling

Hi to all, i m new to d community, n m really v much inspired by d artists out here.. i wanna b a character artist, n m already into sculpting but wat i want to know z , wats d most effective approach to create a character for game. i mean wat should b the approach, wat if i want to start it from sculpting and then do retopology to it ... wats rite n wats not ? please tell me.
-Thanks

Shikhar || 3D Artist || shikharsharma1987@gmail.com

Replies

• Avanthera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    Learn to spell
  • shikharsharma1987
    Thanks for ur reply shrew81, sorry dat, I hv a bad hbt of using abbreviations.. but in case, if u could able to understand what I mean, then please clarify my doubts ..... aspiring artists like us need Help n support from the artists Like you..
    -Thanks

Shikhar || 3D Artist || shikharsharma1987@gmail.com
  • SpeCter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SpeCter polycounter lvl 14
    I don´t want to be rude but if you really want help, use proper language as shrew81 said, nobody wants to decypher this kind of things.A little abbreviation here and there is ok, but not everywhere.

As i said in another thread(it was yours):
    - Make a Basemesh/Z-Sphere mesh or similar
    - Sculpt it
    - Retopology
    - UV Mapping and Layout
    - Baking out Normal Maps,Ambient Occlusion etc.(Using XNormal for example)
    - Texture it
    - Rigging(Don´t forget to reset your Transformations on your model before you apply your bones to the mesh, otherwise unexpected behaviour could occur!)
    - Animating
    - Adjustments here and there
    - Export it to your desired Engine
    - Voilá
    Inbetween this steps:
    Post it here, if you want crits,comments, help
  • shikharsharma1987
    thanks Specter for d help, I have already apologized for using abbreviations.. I'll take care of it in future , and again Thanks a ton sir, for helping me.

1 ques. If I do retopology in Zbrush ,The newly created mesh intersects a lot with the sculpted mesh.. is that okey ? or should I do it in a different way ?
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, there is a major difference in slipping up on spelling or grammar sometimes, but you are purposely making your posts a headache to read. i got about one line in before i gave up and classified you as a tard
  • SpeCter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SpeCter polycounter lvl 14
    thanks Specter for d help, I have already apologized for using abbreviations.. I'll take care of it in future , and again Thanks a ton sir, for helping me.

1 ques. If I do retopology in Zbrush ,The newly created mesh intersects a lot with the sculpted mesh.. is that okey ? or should I do it in a different way ?

The intersecting polys should not make any problem(someone correct me if i´m wrong) as it is quite normal.
    Just use a cage if there any problems in the bake if you are not using a cage
  • shikharsharma1987
    ok I think I should try it first.. If i 'll face any problem .. you people are always here to help me out.. Thanks guys