Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

I made a blog

polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
brwnbread polycounter lvl 13
Hey, so i made a blog since I started university. On a course called Computer Games Art at Teesside... anyway, I got some older stuff from before uni up aswell

check it out: http://itsjustrevenge.blogspot.com/

comment it, follow it if u want :)

here is a sneak preview :D:
house.jpg

(I hope to god this is in the right place :poly122:)

Replies

• RAJ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RAJ
    Hey! I'm going to Teesside this october mate, Computer Games Design course, do you have a wireframe of the house?
  • tanka
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tanka polycounter lvl 12
    lol, I'm going to be setting up a blog very soon aswell, posting progress on a game im planning on developing.

Good work though, It'll be good to watch yourself progress, and everybody else will watch too.
  • brwnbread
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RAJ wrote: »
    Hey! I'm going to Teesside this october mate, Computer Games Design course, do you have a wireframe of the house?

Ah sweet, Teesside is great... has awesome facilities

anyway, here are wires. We had to make it all as one mesh and all in quads or tris (and shit! I've just noticed sum Ngons on the chimney ¬___¬):
    wires.jpg

And thx, tanka!
  • Rick Stirling
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    A single mesh? Why?

That would work much better with those windows being overlaid geo. Much cleaner.
  • brwnbread
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A single mesh? Why?

That would work much better with those windows being overlaid geo. Much cleaner.

well, practice I guess, or just getting everyone used to the tools and methods... I dunno
  • JohnnySix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JohnnySix polycounter lvl 16
    I remember back in UE1, if you had floating geo, like the windows, you'd get horrible flickering on some LOD views, so a contiguous, 'watertight' mesh was the only way to go, if a little more poly heavy, I guess maybe this is for an engine that has similar issues?

Only crit is the bricks look a little on the large side, and the windows/doors don't line up with the line of the bricks or have lintels.
  • ToothyMang
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm sorry for this possibly very stupid comment, but why would someone use brick for some walls and wood for others?
  • brwnbread
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ToothyMang wrote: »
    I'm sorry for this possibly very stupid comment, but why would someone use brick for some walls and wood for others?

It was like that on the reference pictures we got. I'm guessing aesthetic value...
    JohnnySix wrote: »
    Only crit is the bricks look a little on the large side, and the windows/doors don't line up with the line of the bricks or have lintels.

Hey your right, I didn't even take that into consideration :/
    I gotta watch out more. Thx