Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Zombie

Hi guys. I had a w.i.p. thread for this model but I guess it didn't make the transfer over. I guess it's finished now, C&C welcome. :D

Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop. Maya render, basic blinn shader : 2x 2048 textures: Diffuse, Specular, Normal Map, 1x Transparency map. 10,300 polygons.

charactersheet.jpg

filmnoir.jpg

Zbrush screenshots:

zbrushhead.jpg

zbrush.jpg

leftright.jpg

Replies

• Cap Hotkill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cap Hotkill polycounter lvl 13
    I cannot stop thinking about Evil Dead and that his a Zombie Version of Ash ^^

Nice model
  • sampson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sampson polycounter lvl 9
    looks pretty dam disgusting in a good way. but i think the body could do with some more open/negative space where not much is going on because its looking a bit too busy imo
  • Rurouni Strife
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rurouni Strife polycounter lvl 10
    That is really ridiculously impressive. My only suggestion is to somehow make the intestines look more shiny as if they have goo or liquid over them.
  • KyleJensen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KyleJensen polycounter lvl 12
    I think it's just a little odd how a zombie that looks so rotten and mutilated could have two un-decayed [and relatively clean] eyeballs intact. Otherwise great sculpt. :)

I'd recommend taking the asymmetry to the next level by doing something unusual to one either one of the eyeballs. That would make it look more frightening than it is now.
  • r_fletch_r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r_fletch_r polycounter lvl 9
    very nice, its kind of hard to focus on tho, it needs some 'rest areas'

He kinda looks like a zombie misfit. give him a devil lock and itd be perfect :D
  • curtj5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I agree it's too busy, I started to try and change that but it was too much work, lol I gotta move on to another model. Same with the eyes, I re-did them and got lazy you could say. Same with the intestines, the spec map is pretty shiny there but it's not really showing up the way I intended. Yeah I was gonna give him a tattoo on his shoulder but decided not too hehe.